Skip to content

.243 + slow hog = BBQ

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

.243 + slow hog = BBQ

Postby Robertfishes » Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

After work i went to pull some stands out of my hunt club, we are losing this land soon..a well known weathly poacher is buying it for his personal playground since he got busted out west...anyway I grabbed Helens youth model .243 and a half dozen 100 grain core-lokts...didn't go 300 yards onto the property and saw a hog standing in the ditch about 80 yards away...1/4 away shot, aimed for neck/head... I pulled/jerked the trigger...and shot her thru the upper shoulder and it came out just below ear on the other side for an instant kill. Got her loaded up and pulled 3 nearby stands, I still have 6 more ladder stands to pull. Image
Robertfishes

Re: .243 + slow hog = BBQ

Postby topcamp » Thu May 17, 2012 3:44 am

amazing what a front end shot with that little round will do...........if i use a gun for crop permits.......[ usually a bow ]...........head or neck shots and a two foot follow up trail.............straight down. just love that round.......
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby superkodiak38 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 am

MMMMMM..... that's some good eats right there.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby jeffhalfrack » Thu May 17, 2012 7:56 am

Good job!!! you did dump a couple trash bags of human hair (from local barber) as you pulled the stands?? :evil: show us the cooked porker,,,get somw more JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Robertfishes » Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 am

The new owner is high fencing , buying big bucks and will build a million dolllar hunt camp..we are leaving quietly,the new guy will screw himself like he did out west
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Tue May 29, 2012 8:15 pm

I took my cousin to the hunt club this afternoon to try to shoot a hog, we saw 6 deer and one hog (he missed)... we pulled up to the first gate at 5 o'clock and there was 3 pieces of heavy equipment knocking down trees.. Our lease runs out may 30th, The guy buying it doesn't sign the papers till June 1st and he already has crews clearing land and messing up my last days of hunting there...., I did some research and the guy buying our place was arrested for numerous violations out west, some of the charges were for killing elk and deer for the head and leaving the meat to rot, killing deer out of season, killing multiple elk with no license, etc...what bothers me is that these kind of guys kill for the trophy and take lots of photos to show off but leave the meat to rot.. big money = no jail time...
Robertfishes

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:33 am

Hopefully given his past and someone willing to tell Fla fish and game about it, they will keep a clamp on him. That sucks to loose a property, especially to an ass hole.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide