Skip to content

Give me your opinion....

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Give me your opinion....

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:34 pm

There is rarely any talk about AR's here, but I know some of you really know a thing or two about them. I have always been willing to spend the money to get the good shit...which unfortunately, is more than I have in the AR department. The big namers are over 2k... I know I can get a dam fine gun though, for a k... BUT... there are these new Poly Lowers out, New Frontier Armory . If you look at their torture test vids and also if you think about it... It could be a hell of a deal. Geesh, the M&P and Glock and many others are poly guns with metal in the right places.

These lowers are guaranteed mil spec, so any other good components will pin right on. The kicker is, a good lower end commonly costs about $275-300. You can get these sumbeetches right now.... complete lower, for $99. We are talking lower, trigger, stock...everything. I KNOW that the trigger is not going to be nice, but I can switch that out for another $90 to a nice trigger... But at the same time, shit, for a quick draw macgraw, shootem up, blaze away beat around front seat gun... the trigger would be fine. With a cheap upper, we are talking $500 and we are shooting an AR.

It seems like for the money, you cant go wrong... then again...I double the money and I get nearly exactly what I want. Probably a Stag Arms Model 6 with a 20" bull barrel, guaranteed 1/2 moa...

Shit...I gotta spent the money.... maybe do a cheap build later.

Thanks for listening.... :mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Give me your opinion....

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Here's a link to this screamin deal...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Fro ... w15blk.htm
Hornseeker

Postby jeffhalfrack » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 am

E, I know what you mean, I had a stock colt ar in the 80's and sold it ,, got a bunch of sks's cheap shooting,,I couldn't get over owning a wepon that shoots at our guys :( sold all of them,, flash foward to this year,,,,dude I have no gun smithin skills,, and I know I could be shooting an ar for $500.00 in no time saw some cheap parts at a gun show!! if I was you I'd build one if you really hate it,,,sell it. btw also you should PM Tattman about this subject,,as allway he''ll blow yer mind ;) JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 am

Cool, thanks Jeff, I'll see what he has to say!!!
Hornseeker

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide