[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Smoked Turkey

Skip to content

Smoked Turkey

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Smoked Turkey

Postby hoyt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Spring Gobbler Season opens tomorrow morning here..Southern, Il. I made this .62cal. smoothbore (20ga.) just to hunt spring gobblers, so I'll be using it in the morning. Hope I get lucky and kill one early in the season so I can have some time to hunt them with my recurve.

Killed this one last season with it in Shawnee National Forest. Tornadoes and terrible weather cut me down to only two hunts last yr. hoping for better weather this season.

hoyt

Re: Smoked Turkey

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Good luck! :D

Feral Donkey

Postby lostaro » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:12 pm

Good luck....great looking gun.
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby PAarcher » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:42 am

That's awesome! I'd like to see some more pics of that flinter. It looks like a beauty.
PAarcher

Postby hoyt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm

No gobblers so far...too many sickly hoot owls on the piece of public land I'm hunting. Only heard gobbling on opening morning and nothing the other two mornings I went. Rain and wind for the next few days.

P Aarcher, don't have many pictures of this gun...was in the middle of a move from Fl. to S. Illinois when building it. Anyway here's a few more...don't mind the duct tape on the sight, it fell off in the woods and had to duct tape another one on till I got it sighted in.

I built this gun especially to hunt spring gobblers so built it real light weight..right at 7lbs. Bought a special Turkey Choke barrel from Colerain and had it cut down to 34" for maneuverability and weight.

hoyt

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide