[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - I'll start with my heavy scout

Skip to content

I'll start with my heavy scout

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Re: I'll start with my heavy scout

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 pm

That is one serious looking bitch!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby PAarcher » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Oh shit! That rocks!!! :twisted:
PAarcher

Postby bearauto11 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:27 pm

That is sweet!!
I'm ignorant, though, and you gotta help me out if you don't mind.
What is the point of having the scope so far forward?
Thanks,
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:06 am

a few reasons. The biggest reason for me is I use the scope like a sight. The scope doesn't dominate the field of view. It also saves on weight and helps the over-all balance of the rifle. Another reason is it keeps the breach clear of clutter for loading and clearing malfunctions. Not that there are any malfunctions with a control round fed Mauser bolt rifle. It's also nice loading it with stripper clips.

Feral Donkey

Postby bearauto11 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:22 am

Cool!
Thanks bud!!
bearauto11

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:43 am

So I took the front sight blank and cut it to the shape I want then filed on the dovetail until it wanted to start. Then I tried to tap it into place with a small hammer and an aluminum drift. Well, the JB Weld failed and the sight ripped loose. :evil: So I tried doing it the right way with solder. I made a fucking mess out of it. It's adhered to the gun again but it looks like I added half a pound of soft metal. :roll: I'm not touching it again today. It seems the more I touch it, the more I screw it up.

Feral Donkey

Postby jeffhalfrack » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

Sorry about that! hey how hard is it to put rifle sights on a shot gun that only has a bead??? JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 am

Never tried that.

Feral Donkey

Postby bearauto11 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 am

bearauto11

Postby iron mike » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:56 pm

the vortex scopes are impressive,if your gonna scope,otherwise stick with the simple williams stuff,great for hunting. for me the 30-06 and the 308 are the finest overall rounds ever devised.........
" in a dog eat dog world, i'll have mine medium rare"
iron mike

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide