[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Pig thumper

Skip to content

Pig thumper

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Re: Pig thumper

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 pm

that's one sweet looking rifle, I bet it knocks the crap out of them!
Robertfishes

Postby PAarcher » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 am

Holy crap man! Did you do all the stock work?
PAarcher

Postby hoyt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Robertfishes...it does leave a big hole, but I shot a boar hog with it in Greenswamp WMA in SW Central Fl. right in the ear at about 5yds.,I walked up on him laying in a mud hole. When the smoke cleared he was getting up real wobbly and staggered off into high palmettos then dropped dead. Couldn't believe he got up, but they are tough.

PAarcher... Yes I did all the stock work. I drew up the stock profile I wanted and mailed it to a stock supplier and he rough cut the shape like in the picture. Since I don't have a band saw I then hand sawed, rasped, gouged and sanded to the shape I wanted then did the detailed carving I wanted.

You can order what they call pre-carved stocks for the style or school of flintlock or percussion you want, but the actual detail carving is not done...just a rough profile of the style you want. Still have to sand and inlay.

hoyt

Postby Feral Donkey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 am

That is just amazing! You must be a very patient man to be able to deal with that.

Feral Donkey

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

that loooks crazy good . Nicce work eh !
BEN MAHER

Postby PAarcher » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:36 pm

My hat's off to you my friend, That is some truly incredible work! There are few things more beautiful than a finely crafted weapon of that era. Now I'm going to have to go to Dixons and drool.
PAarcher

Postby Iktomi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Modern gun I like my 7mm-08....it has killed everything I have ever shot with it, from 10# groundhogs to 800# elk and quite a few deer and pigs in between.
"I’d have my cock out if I scored four goals. I’d have my cock out, stroking it."

Joe Thornton, Captain of the San Jose Sharks :lol:
Iktomi

Postby hoyt » Sat May 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I killed quiet a few hogs with this Wby. 240mag, when I use to hunt with modern rifles.

hoyt

Postby jporter@work » Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Didn't know them northern pigs could ride bicycles.
jporter@work

Postby hoyt » Thu May 10, 2012 5:37 am

jporter..that's a Florida hog...they got bike ride'n hogs, turkeys and deer down there.
hoyt

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide