[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Just acquired a new scope....

Skip to content

Just acquired a new scope....

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Just acquired a new scope....

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:05 pm

:mrgreen:

Leupold VXIII 6.5-20X40 with adjustable focus. Gonna get the extended turrets to be able to "dial a yard" as soon as I can scrape together a few more dollars...

Now I have to get a target grade AR... something like this... to put it on.

It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Just acquired a new scope....

Postby PAarcher » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:56 am

Leupold is the shit!!

What kind of AR are you going to get? You have your eye on anything in particular?

This crew was always sort of an "off brand" in the past but I have heard they are under new management and that they are putting together some pretty impressive stuff. I wouldn't go with them for a go to war gun but for waging war on the varmint population it might not be bad choice!
PAarcher

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:08 am

Which crew Mike??

I am really looking for a Stag with a 20" bull barrel, maybe fluted... not a light weight gun, but something I can set up on a PDog town or near some gophers and just raise hell. I also want to eventually get her threaded and get a suppressor...
Hornseeker

Postby PAarcher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 am

Sorry Ernie! I must have forgotten to put in the link.

PAarcher

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 am

I get a chance to handle and shoot most of the variations of black rifles when they come through my operator and instructor schools... Colt, Stag, Bushmaster, D.P.M.S., etc. While Stag certainly puts out a nice piece, I have come to the conclusion over the past couple of years that it is hard to beat the offerings from Rock River Arms when it comes to quality, accuracy and dependability. My personal rifles are Armalite but when it comes time to trade/upgrade I am probably going to go with Rock River. They have their "Coyote Carbine" model out now which looks pretty interesting and sounds about like what you are looking for. If weight is not a consideration at all then you will find it hard to beat the standard HBAR with a nice aftermarket trigger. Mine will shoot consistent 3/8" groups at 100 yards with 60 grain V-Max bullets.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks Mike.

Randy, that is great accurracy. I cant believe how accurate and EASY to shoot that Stag of my buddies is. 24 inch bull barrel and a stock stag trigger that seems top notch.

On another note, this buddy does a lot of shooting and was showing me a target at Christmas. At 200 yards, he shot 6 different 5 shot groups....All rounds were the same cases, same powder and charges and same bullets, but 3 groups were with one primer and 3 with another primer... the groups with one primer averages about 1 1/2 inches, while the groups with the other primer were closer to 3/4 inch... at 200 yards! It was hard to believe that just a primer change made that big a difference!! He also about has me sold on this Dillon Progressive... we spent an hour putting some rounds together and what a joy and piece of cake that was!!!

By the way, I nailed 2 prairie dogs with that gun at 475 yards this summer. Took me a few shots to walk in on them, but they were CLUELESS as the gun was suppressed!!!
Hornseeker

Postby PAarcher » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:03 pm

The first batch of patrol rifles we got in were Rock Rivers. They do make a nice rifle. I have to order up some parts and do a rebuild on most of them this year.
PAarcher

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:33 am

Jeez... the more I look at these sites the more confused I get. There are just too many fuggin options.
Hornseeker

Postby PAarcher » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:03 am

It is bit much isn't it? :D
PAarcher

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:59 am

Yep... I did find a guy that has built a bunch of them though and he is helping me out quite a bit!
Hornseeker

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide