[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - I've found my next rifle.

Skip to content

I've found my next rifle.

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

Re: I've found my next rifle.

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:58 am

Yes. Bring it to Baltimore. That's coming up quick! 3 more weeks?

Feral Donkey

Postby PAarcher » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 am

Yup! :D
PAarcher

Postby cst » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:58 am

I didn't look, can you get it in .338? Definitely bring it to Bmore.
cst

Postby PAarcher » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Just 308 for now but I'm fairly sure that they will introduce some other calibers after they get to the point where they can keep up with demand for the 308.
That rifle in 338 Federal would be one hell of a big game rifle!
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:59 am

Damn right it would be! I like that idea! Then it would be less of a bottle-necked case and faster powders would be used, making it a little better for that short pipe. If you do .243 or .260 in that, it'll just spit a fireball and the performance will kind of suck if you don't get the pressures way up there. Really not enough barrel to use those cartridges really well.

Is there a .375 cartridge based on the .308?

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Id say put that 35 Whelen in it.... Matter fact, maybe I"ll build this old rifle I'm looking to convert into something similar!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Van Bateman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm

I dont know if you should take it to Baltimore. Might not be to good for the 3d targets............ Bet you would get a good score though!! :lol:
I'm no rocket surgeon.
Van Bateman

Postby hawk4570 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:31 pm

My daughter sold a new Ruger Scout Fri for 799. Ithink she still has a Guide gun in Marlin 450. Gun and knife country , Oak Grove Ky. I was visiting and was thinking about buying the scout but I was a little to slow on the draw LOL.
hawk4570

Postby PAarcher » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:34 am

Ernie, if you want to build your own go to XS Sight Systems for the rail. They'll have what you need.
The Ruger is a short action and won't handle the Whelen.
PAarcher

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide