[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - I've found my next rifle.

Skip to content

I've found my next rifle.

Here's the place to talk about your long guns.

I've found my next rifle.

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 am

I haven't had a hankering for a new rifle in a while but ever since handling this one at the SHOT Show it has been working on me.

I have 2 rifles set up like this already but not one in .308. I'm a big fan of the Scout rifle. Now I need to see what I have to sell so I can afford it!
PAarcher

Re: I've found my next rifle.

Postby lostaro » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 am

That is a great looking rifle. Ruger keeps on delivering great guns. Yet another firearm I have no use for but really "need".
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 am

Scout rifles are great for hunting. They are very quick and excel at moving targets. I'm certain you could find a use for one.
I envision a silencer and some heavy, subsonic loads............
PAarcher

Postby jeffhalfrack » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! PA!!!! don't do that to me,,,, friggin tax check is comming!!!!! I love anything rugar, but that thing is soo cool!!! GEEEZZZEE!! JEFFW
jeffhalfrack

Postby PAarcher » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:03 pm

It was all over but the crying as soon as I handled one. I need to raise $ now.
PAarcher

Postby Van Bateman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:40 pm

I can help you raise the money. ;) , but it would involve you giving up that 1895G :lol: :lol: :D
I'm no rocket surgeon.
Van Bateman

Postby PAarcher » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:53 pm

That didn't take long! Somehow I knew you would get around to making an offer.
Not for sale though. :lol:
PAarcher

Postby Van Bateman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 am

Now you got me seriously looking at one of these, and I still havent found a GG yet. Thanks alot(where is the sarcasm smilie?). Oh well...........of to the gun show today. This could get ugly.
I'm no rocket surgeon.
Van Bateman

Postby PAarcher » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Wellll......????????? :twisted:
PAarcher

Postby Van Bateman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Well, the gun show was just what I expected. High prices and dealers telling you they 've "got more in it than that" when you offer them a little under what they're asking. Got to handle one of the Rugers though. Sweet rifle. Holding one just makes you want it more. Wish it came with the 5 round clip instead of the 10. A 5 round will cost you $60 extra. I think you oughta have a choice. Guy didnt know it, but he was about $50 from a sale.
there wasn't a Guide Gun in the house. Did pic up this sweet,extra clean, 1895 from an individual though. Thought I might have it chopped at the time but the more I look at it, it's just to nice to mess with.
marlin 45-70.JPG
marlin 45-70.JPG (220.97 KiB) Viewed 4140 times

marlin 45-70 1895.JPG
marlin 45-70 1895.JPG (207.51 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
I'm no rocket surgeon.
Van Bateman

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Rifleman's Hide