Skip to content

Seed drills

Farming for Big Game and Game Birds

Seed drills

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 am

Randy i know you have worked with them but what would you guys recommend size wise for a 32hp compact tractor. it is not a subcompact. it is about 2800lbs without the loader so while i know the little diesel has the torque to pull decent implements, it doesn't have a ton of weight to keep all the power on the ground. i am kind of thinking a tow behind might be the better route since the 3pt can only lift about a 1000lbs.

our biggest problem here is common bugloss and toadflax and it is everywhere. i still have yet to find anything that will get the bugloss even with surfactants. it is damn tough stuff so i am thinking that minimal soil disruption might be the best route.

so, any suggestions for drills i should look at?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Return to Board index

Return to Food Plots