Skip to content

Gino, you got apple trees

Farming for Big Game and Game Birds

Gino, you got apple trees

Postby schmaus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Your trail cam pics look like a guy could get some little rough country apple trees going in those draws where they might be able to get down to water. Both species of deer around here are going to town on them right now.
schmaus

Re: Gino, you got apple trees

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 pm

heck yeah we do, washington is "johnny appleseed" country. we have them everywhere. i actually just picked up a couple other varieties so that i could plant them near the wild trees..... that way i can get some good cross pollination and some good crop yields. i plan on putting them in the ground this weekend. most of our apples have usually hit the ground by know. when i sit over them for bears, 9/11 through about the 26th is the best time.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: Gino, you got apple trees

Postby Jesse Minish » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:39 pm

What about pear trees Gino? I have read lots of good things about pears like they produce more fruit and require less work. Not sure if they will grow everywhere but some of what I read had me interested in planting some pear trees..??
Jesse Minish

Return to Board index

Return to Food Plots