Skip to content

Marryin', Burryin', Ice cream social rig.

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

Marryin', Burryin', Ice cream social rig.

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:24 pm

I finally got around to putting together a Bar-b-Cue rig for myself. I designed and built
a wet formed holster with thumb break for a 3" Smith & Wesson model 686 with custom
Altamont Rosewood grips. I built an avenger style holster with doubled up reinforcements... I wanted
it to be rugged and durable. The belt is double thickness and 1 3/4" wide. I laminated two
thicknesses of 7-9 ounce leather together with rough side facing and then stitched around the
entire length of the belt. I used a heavy duty, solid stainless steel roller buckle. It is probably overbuilt
and a little on the heavy side, but I wanted it to be comfortable if I wrapped it around my waist
for an hour or two in the mountains or a month or two if needed. I took the time to finish and bone
all of the edges on the belt, holster and ammo carrier.

mbia.JPG
mbia.JPG (106.1 KiB) Viewed 1052 times

mbie.JPG
mbie.JPG (94.51 KiB) Viewed 1052 times

mbig.JPG
mbig.JPG (100.91 KiB) Viewed 1052 times

mbij.JPG
mbij.JPG (101.68 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Re: Marryin', Burryin', Ice cream social rig.

Postby Yohon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Dayuuuum man, that looks awesome!!!!!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Purty sexy !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:51 am

Thanks guys.... Going old school in my old age I guess. Big revolvers instead of black guns, Case bone handled Trapper instead of Benchmade or Spyderco. But, I'm pretty sure I could still hold my own against a handful of jihadists with this set up.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:25 am

I grew up on a wheel gun, they are proven to go bang. I was in a duck blind back around Christmas with a group of guys shooting Benelli's and I had my 30 year old 870 and I think I held my own, even cleaned up a couple for the "youngsters" ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby jeffhalfrack » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Sweet!,,,,,,,btw old stuff that works? ,,,,that's why we are here,,jeffw
jeffhalfrack

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets