Skip to content

Muzzle loader season starts tomorrow..

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

Re: Muzzle loader season starts tomorrow..

Postby Robertfishes » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:25 pm

didn't get a hog yesterday..I did see 7 though. 48 degrees this morning..what a nice cold front we are having! saw a 4 point this morning at 8:50, then the guy showed up with the skidder and row machine at 9:05..I went to my new spot this afternoon first time I hunted it, saw 3 does,2 fawns and another deer that I could not i.d. Saw about 8 or 10 gobblers fly up and roost in the pines just before dark. When I came out of the trail the Skidder with row maker was parked at my trail head..so they will be working on the cuts the next 2 or 3 days..then they will plant pine trees in january?
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:27 pm

that was the end of my 4 day hunt/vacation.. back to work tomorrow. Picture of the buck I got saturday morning, this is how I found him. Image
Robertfishes

Postby superkodiak38 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:46 am

Sounds like it was pretty succesfull set of days off, I went in the morning and had two big does come through, They were headed somewhere and did not hang around. There are so many, too many, acorns on the ground right now and the chase is starting to heat up. Hopefully shotgun and the rest of bow season will fill my freezer back up ;)
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:57 pm

heading out in the morning to sit in the woods with my ML.. Helen took me to town for dinner tonight, tomorrow is my birthday..We tried to go to "Harrys" seafood but could not find a parking space since there was some halloween thing going on in town.. So we went to Blue Highway Pizza, its the best Pizza in town and maybe for 100 miles???
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:30 am

I hunted Saturday morning the 29th, didn't see any deer. I got to sit Tuesday 11/1 in the afternoon, saw a good Buck at 160 yards, saw at least 6 points couldn't see brow tines. Had a cow horn spike feed arround me the last 30 minutes of day light. That wraps up my 2016 muzzle loader hunting season.
Robertfishes

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets