Skip to content

To wet for bow...,not for 243

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

To wet for bow...,not for 243

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:20 pm

My buddy called me at 3pm today..says he has hogs that need shooting at his deer lease .i am sitting on a chair in the woods watching and listening to a thunder storm working its way to me..and the wind is swirling..I hope I brought enough bullets. I think the hogs will move right at dark today.
Robertfishes

Re: To wet for bow...,not for 243

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Welll...???? Its after dark!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Robertfishes » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:14 pm

About 7pm I hear
3 shots at least a 3/4 mile east of me..my buddy text messages me he shot and dropped a 130lb sow and a 100 lb boar hog.. I'm still over where he put me, I offer my help he says no keep sitting.. Well, it's been raining for a week at this place just south of Cheifland Florida.. He got stuck in a mud hole, 4x4 will not work, 1986 toyota, all manual no electronic stuff, and we are about 3 miles from a jeep his friend keeps on the property..so he walks past me and gets the jeep..I saw a doe and 3 turkeys. We pull his truck out but still cannot get the hubs to engage.. Well at least he got to use his new 243 ruger rifle ..didn't ask him about that 3rd shot, he usually doesn't miss.
Robertfishes

Postby Robertfishes » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:41 am

My Buddy had to get new hubs for his toyota hunting truck..then he installed a 12,000 pound rated winch on his Toyota.. My lease is next to his and we are wet too. I bought a 2001 Polaris 4x4 4 wheeler last Friday just to get hogs and deer out of the woods. I will still walk to stands..I have been using a 2 wheel cart but the tires sink deeply into the mud when it's this wet. One of our members has a lifted jeep with big tires, he let his wife drive thru some water last weekend and she went to fast, motor took in water and killed it. I drive thru same road in my stock f-150 but slow, water comes up to the bottom of my door in a couple of places. I have floated deer out when water is high, but this place is too muddy. I'm looking at getting a plastic deer sled.
Robertfishes

Postby marc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:25 pm

There are some guys that use sleds like that where we hunt sika deer on the eastern shore. I think it would work well but sika are small and float.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets