Skip to content

Looking at air rifles

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

Looking at air rifles

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu May 05, 2016 12:08 pm

A few,weeks back I was up at Ken's and he's got this precharged pneumatic rifle made by Benjamin in .25 cal. He put a Millett mil dot scope and a bipod on it. We were nailing pigeons on the roof of his barn st 100 yards with this thing. The hammer spring makes a little noise like a crossbow makes but at about a third the volume. So I'm starting to look at them in .357. People are killing deer and hogs with these. I really can't afford one right now, but I might have to budget for one later this summer. Here's one I'm looking at. http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Evanix_Rex_Air_Rifle/4049/7724
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: Looking at air rifles

Postby Stykshooter » Thu May 05, 2016 4:09 pm

I agree those things are cool.... and a .357 bullet going about 900 f.p.s. is .38 special +p stuff. I just have a hard time dropping that kind of bucks on one when I can buy a perfectly good AR for the same money that will kill pigeons even gooder!

There was a guy who used to post on here that was always killing some big pigs with one. But he lived where he couldn't use regular firearms.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby 4nolz » Thu May 05, 2016 5:24 pm

I know a guy killing hogs with a. 50 Cal plenty LOUD.But....he's a convicted felon and it's all he can own.... :o
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby jeffhalfrack » Thu May 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Oh MAN don't get me going on air guns!! ',,,,,,I have a problem ,,,,I have 2 pcp and a benjimans np2 that's where I've been lately. FD with your skills you will love it! I have a marauder .22 pistol w/a stock,,,I kill pigeons 60 yards all day,,,friggin love this stuff I'm learning mil-dot scopes and will never use any other!! My advice is to really give the crossman (benjan) stuff a real hard look,,,,,,yes I am biased they are just up the road from me but,,,,these pcp' work at a lower psi I hand pump mine I do have a scuba tank I get like 18 hunting shots then 40 pumps I'm back to 2800 psi I have a discovery W/ a Ldc very quiet too that gun shoots great from 2800-1800 psi very well now the break barrel is cool too made a lot of squirell stew!, but that is a little hold sensitive it likes the artillery hold! Once I learned that I get dime size groups to 40yrds if I do my part geeeze who got me going?? Btw you should see my 9 yr old son. Blister pigeons at 25yrds with my crossman 1377 pistol !, good luck Check out. "Teds hold over" on you tube !! Or got to airgunnation.com. JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon May 09, 2016 7:53 pm

I'll have to look at the Benjamins closer. I want something really quiet. I want to put the smack - down on some trash-pandas.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Mann » Tue May 10, 2016 11:30 am

Dang. you must have some whopper trash pandas if you need a .357!! :lol:

BTW I had to get a google education on what the hell they were! ;)
Mann

Postby jeffhalfrack » Tue May 10, 2016 7:11 pm

I agree w/ randy .357 air =+p the numbers don't add up!!,,,,,the benjaman .25 cal marauder is awesome I love it in .22 ,,more pellet choices as air guns are finicky!,,,,,,btw all crossman guns like crossman pellets,,,,,,,,the marauder pistol aka 'p'rod with a TKO suppressor is friggin stealthy!! There are tons of mods to do to these things,,,if you know a good machinist or two!! The TKO is a company that sells suppressor' aka Ldc ( lead dust collectors) the hand pumps are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be!! But crossman and benjimans are the same company ! Run on lower psi JeffW
jeffhalfrack

Postby Ionian » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:07 am

Aaron if you're still interested, there is a South Afrikan guy on YouTube that shoots monkeys and baboons with an air rifle. I believe it's a local SA model. It has an air cylinder under the fore stock and is extremely quite!
Ionian

Postby Nomadic Pirate » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm

Check this out, Rainstorm .30

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/ind ... msg1118399

There's so much options out there for PCPs, I've been dropping big pigs and all kind of critters with them for years

Here's my Photobucket page with kills

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/NorthSh ... t=3&page=1

Ask any question you feel and I'll try to fill you in.

You can legally buy Suppressors for PCPs also.
Almost none knows the keen sense of satisfaction which comes from taking game with their own homemade weapons

" JAY MASSEY "
Nomadic Pirate

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Part of my new job at the airport is killing critters. There is over 1,000 acres fenced in around the runways and by federal code, anything that gets inside has to be destroyed. We kill a lot of foxes, coyotes, deer, buzzards, groundhogs, etc. I ended up sitting in my vehicle at the end of a runway Thursday afternoon shooting killdeers out of the gravel for an hour with an air rifle.

We have an assortment of weapons to use for various vermin and one of them is a Ruger .22 caliber pellet rifle. I didn't even know that Ruger made pellet rifles!!! I am sure it is manufactured by someone else and then relabeled by Ruger. This thing shoots at 1,000 f.p.s. and is deadly out to about 75 yards. The model we have is called the Targis and it has a great trigger as well.

I have had very little to do with pellet rifles over the years but this thing is fun and very accurate!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets