Skip to content

Trick or treat ??

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

Trick or treat ??

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:28 pm

So Matthew and I headed back to the blind tonight. He was worried he wouldn't get home in time to go trick or treating. He kept asking "how much longer" my standard answer was "shoot a deer and we can go, anytime". Well at 5:30 two come in and stand facing dead away from us for quite a while. I am worried he will crack after having to wait so long but he held it together and did really well. I told him to wait and when one turns and gives you it's shoulder to be ready. I took my camera with me and got video, it's grainy because it was overcast and getting dark and I am holding it and trying to "coach" him. After the shot they bolted and only one made a u turn and headed back the direction they came. After using Power Belts and not being happy with the lack of sign at the hit ( shot a buck at 10 feet , no hair and no blood for 40 yards) I loaded TC Shockwave for this hunt. When we crossed the creek there was no sign, nothing, no hair no blood and I asked him if he was sure and steady on his shot and he was positive he hit the deer, right behind the shoulder. We walked out the trail the deer left on and found it piled up not 30 yards away, no blood, deader than a sack of hammers !!

Of course he got a little war paint, bloodin'

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwwCRGpRQgg
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Re: Trick or treat ??

Postby bearauto11 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Waaaaayyyyyy cooooollllllll!!!!
Treat for sure!
bearauto11

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:58 am

Great stuff! Congratulations Matthew!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby lostaro » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:36 pm

Awesome! A day to remember for sure
"My goal in life is to try NOT to screw up so bad that they name the screw up after me..."
"Nothing better than a campfire, cold beer and piles of dangerously undercooked meat..."
lostaro

Postby Mann » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 am

Way to go Matthew!!
Way to go Dad!!
Mann

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets