Skip to content

I blame you guys for this!

Every Pirate has a few few firearms stashed here and there. This is a place to talk about everything from front-stuffers to machine guns and everything in between.

Re: I blame you guys for this!

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:20 am

All together now, no bcg. Painted the handguard and mag to match. Kinda bummed the fde isnt closer to my glock but its whatever. Im excited to shoot the darn thing but I have no idea when im getting the bcg :evil:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:09 am

Well that was quick!! Dam Teej....

I just ordered the 6.5 Grendel Barrel and bolt. I need a few more barrels and a few miscellaneous parts to get FIVE builds going!!

Here's kinda what I have so far...

Oh...and...well... I ordered five more lowers Friday, Anderson... they were 42.95 each with built in trigger guard.
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:14 am

Hornseeker

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am

Yeah, well Christmas bonus showed up then black Friday deals did too so I figured now or never! I saved roughly $200 with the sales going on.

That's a great price for a lower, if you figure $30 for the transfer fee youre paying a couple bucks less than I paid in person for mine. What grendeI barrel did you get?

Like I said, its not entirely where I want it to be yet. Still want to find a hand guard, chop the front sight base, need a scope mount... and I want to put together a tiny survival kit for the grip. Small knife, magnesium fire starter, etc. Maybe a woven paracord sling.

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Those five lowers, with transfer fees and shipping were $265 total... and they have the built in trigger guard (not that much savings...but a tiny bit!)...$53 each. The last five I bought ended up $63 each total. The guy I deal with charges me $15 plus $5 for each additional. Hell of a good deal.

In a few months TJ, I should have a good grip on this crap and be able to talk the talk pretty good, but for now, im just buying this stuff and collecting a pile!

I think i am going to start my first build next week!

E
Hornseeker

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm

Well dang! I got mine for 77. I've never dealt with the whole transfer thing and just wanted to bypass it so that's why I found someone local with one.

There's no way I could have a pile of parts and not put it together! That's torture!

Btw, that UTG stuff, at least the made in usa stuff, is made about twenty minutes up the road. I have one of their older scopes (actually leapers branded) and that's what im putting on this gun. It's pretty nice and was real cheap. I've been meaning to find out if they have a store front that I can go check stuff out at but haven't got around to it.

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Got my scope mounted, front sight shaved, new handguard on (still needs the end cap, should be in my mailbox), and finally got out to shoot it today! This is fun. Im definitely going to have to build a 556 upper so I dont go broke shooting lol. I shot 60 rounds before I knew it today. Everything cycled perfectly and they all went bang.

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Nice !!!
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:24 pm

Made up a sling for this thing. Its roughly 90 feet of the tan and black total. And just a single length of the orange, which is fire cord, pretty cool stuff.

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby bearauto11 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Very cool!
It's pretty fun to do some of that stuff with paracord.
bearauto11

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Barrels and Bullets