Skip to content

Voodoo's Kustoms: Bows, Knives and stuff...

This is a forum for our active members to show and shamelessly shill their goods as well as answer questions. This is reserved for members who actively participate in this board.

Voodoo's Kustoms: Bows, Knives and stuff...

Postby VoodooSteve » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Fellas, Figured I'd share some of my finished stuff here, I'll add to it as I go along, check it out and let me know what you think......
Here's a bow I just finished for a fella that shot the Elk that this bow ,knives and stand are made with,it's a lefty, 58", 50@28, and made with Walnut and Red Elm cores.
ImageImageImageImage
I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky, I'll never reach my destination, if I never try, so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry......
VoodooSteve

Re: Voodoo's Kustoms: Bows, Knives and stuff...

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow Steve, those are impressive!
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby 4nolz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:51 pm

are you making blades?
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby TimZeigler » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Turned out great Steve ! A great ending to a successful hunt.
TimZeigler

Postby VoodooSteve » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:40 am

4nolz wrote:are you making blades?

No 4nolz, I don't have the time, the small one is made from a file and the bigger one is a triple laminate .......
I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry, like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky, I'll never reach my destination, if I never try, so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry......
VoodooSteve

Postby 4nolz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:17 am

I consider that making them (not neccessarily forging them),always wanted to try that.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Steve Milbocker » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Very impressive work Steve. What gave you the idea to use antler for a riser? I don't recall ever seeing anybody else do it. Beautiful blades too.
United States Of America
Born July 4, 1776
Died Nov. 4, 2008
Suicide
Steve Milbocker

Postby VoodooSteve » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, when I was 10 my 35# fiberglass bow at the handle, we tried to fix it with a piece of a tree limb but it broke and we found an old antler in the garage, cut it with a hacksaw, and put the limbs on with hoseclamps and electrical tape.. and it held, for the rest of the summer too!!... and then about 4 years ago I saw a pic of Rev. Stacy Groscup, holding an antler bow, and it was beautiful!! .... expensive too, and I just couldn't afford to buy such an extravagant toy, but I had just started studying stuff about building bows and kinda kept it in my mind, then one day months later, as my son and I were picking up a table to clean the shop floor, it just popped into my head about how to stabilize the antler, and about 3 hrs later we were shooting the first one with a set of limbs I had already finished, and it worked great and I still do it the same way I started with, it was one of my better "AHA" moments......
VoodooSteve

Postby hawk4570 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Steve, Are you coming to the Tn Classic this year? Hope to see and talk to you again, I hope to camp there for a week or so this year. Those are some good looking knives. I would like to get a chance to shoot one of you bows this year.

Bill Browning
hawk4570

Postby VoodooSteve » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:31 am

I don't think I'll be making the classic this year as I have too many irons in the fire, but there should be a couple of my bows there, Lonewolf73 usually sets up there selling archery products, they are his personal bows but I'm sure he will let you shoot one..........
VoodooSteve

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Member products forum