[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4687: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3836)
Pirates Of Archery • View topic - Donkey sleeves

Skip to content

Donkey sleeves

This is a forum for our active members to show and shamelessly shill their goods as well as answer questions. This is reserved for members who actively participate in this board.

Donkey sleeves

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:49 pm

This was Gino's idea but Gino turned his out of a solid chink of brass. I'm buying bronze sleeve bearings and tapping them. Lot's less work. The trick is holding them without crushing them. I destroyed a few of them before I figured this out. I found that even the 3 jaw chuck in the lathe would crush them. I drilled and reamed a 3/8" hole in a piece of aluminum plate. Then I saw cut through the hole but not through the whole plate. This allows me to push a sleeve bearing in the hole and clamp it in the vice, evenly distributing the clamping pressure without crushing it out of round. Then I run a tap through the center.

These things go where the brass sleeve goes over your limb bolt to shim the 5/16" out to 3/8" but it can be used to lock the limb bolt in place without having to make any other unsightly holes in your pretty wood riser.

Feral Donkey

Re: Donkey sleeves

Postby 4nolz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I need some and will trade you the nude photos of you at redneck surfturf-including negatives.How much?
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:55 pm

You want more nude photos? :lol: I haven't thought about what to ask for them yet. I can't ask too much. How about $3/pair? I'm going to be putting together a package deal of ILF inserts, threaded inserts, donkey sleeves, limb bolts, bezels, washers, and whatever else I can think of.

Feral Donkey

Postby 4nolz » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm

yeah a package is definitely the way to go-you may be surprised at the cottage industry you create.For now I just need sleeves for 2 sets limbs 94) but getting sleeves etc I need to do too so let me know.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Well chit...if they work...which I dont know why they wouldn't...I'll take 10 pair.... My question is...can you square off part of them like Gino was talking about so you can tighten them to the insert???

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 am

:roll: ok...I guess that will work.....

:mrgreen:
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 am

They were hard enough to hold on to just to run a tap through them. I seriously trashed like 4 of them figuring out how to do this. :lol: 5/16" threads through a 3/8" diameter there's not much metal left.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 am

I have no doubt..... I applaud you! Now send me some! :lol:
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 am

I don't have 10 pairs. I only have 7 pairs. You want those or should I wait until I get more put together? :P It'll be a week before I get more.

Feral Donkey

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Member products forum