Skip to content

Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away

This is a forum for our active members to show and shamelessly shill their goods as well as answer questions. This is reserved for members who actively participate in this board.

Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away

Postby DIY_guy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:48 am

To celebrate our product launch of the Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide, we want to give away a couple Broadhead Sharpening Guides (your choice of the replacement blade version or the Fixed blade Broadhead Version) to a couple members of Bowhunting.com. All you need to do is post in this thread to indicate that you would like to participate in this giveaway and you’re in. Next week we will draw two names from that list.

www.http://staysharpguide.com/

If your name is not drawn, don’t fear, we are still offering the introductory offer of $15 for the product launch.

Good Luck and good hunting to you. Keep your heads Razor Sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Cs1GckwJA
The joy is in the planing and doing.
DIY_guy

Re: Stay Sharp Broadhead Sharpening Guide Give away

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Looks like a simple yet very functional tool. Looks like I may have to invest in this one.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Couldn't take it, had to order one. Stay tuned for a product review--probably by the weekend.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby DIY_guy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:07 pm

The introductory price wont last long.
DIY_guy

Postby bearauto11 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 pm

I would like to participate. Thanks.
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby DIY_guy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:33 am

bearauto11 to participate you need only go to the web site to place an order.

http://staysharpguide.com/
DIY_guy

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:40 am

DIY_guy wrote:bearauto11 to participate you need only go to the web site to place an order.

I think he's referring to being included in the drawing as you stated below:

All you need to do is post in this thread to indicate that you would like to participate in this giveaway and you’re in.

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Robertfishes » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:05 pm

I ordered a couple of items 2 weeks ago and received them quickly.. I would like to enter the drawing for the Stay Sharp "fixed" blade sharpener
Robertfishes

Postby bearauto11 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Jim Casto Jr wrote:
DIY_guy wrote:bearauto11 to participate you need only go to the web site to place an order.

I think he's referring to being included in the drawing as you stated below:

All you need to do is post in this thread to indicate that you would like to participate in this giveaway and you’re in.

It's cool. If there isn't a giveaway, I'll check out the website for the introductory price.
Thanks,
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:02 pm

Got my “Stay Sharp” today—lightning shipment. I ordered it on Monday and it arrives in the mail on Thursday. It’s a little smaller than anticipated and made from a high impact plastic material. It has rollers on each side, has a screw and nut to tighten the jaws, which were tight. I had to pry them open to insert the heads. Not a problem, I assume it will flex and open easier with usage.

The video I watched suggested using sandpaper on a board to sharpen the broadheads. The one I grabbed out of a box was so dull and pitted, that figured, to heck with sandpaper, I need a course stone to start with.

I pushed the head across the large course stone 10 times on each side with very little pressure; then, 9, 8 7, etc. until 1 stroke on each side. I couldn’t believe it. I thought the angle must be the same for the thing to get that sharp so quickly, especially for the shape it was in. I ran it across a large fine stone in the same fashion as before and hair popping sharp, ready to put in the quiver.

Big test: A Grizzly 190 grain head that I’d fooled with on a grinder. These things are hard and difficult to sharpen the first time with anything. Well same deal, 10, 9, 8, etc, etc. of the single bevel side and a couple strokes on the opposite side along the way. Needless to say, I had to do that several times, but it came around quickly. It’s the sharpest I’ve ever gotten a Grizzly with the least effort—and this one was in terrible shape to begin with. It will be easy to keep them sharp now with just a few strokes, I’m sure.

Bottom line—I’m impressed and would recommend this “Stay Sharp” to anyone.

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Member products forum