Skip to content

Bowyers: Metal parts

This is a forum for our active members to show and shamelessly shill their goods as well as answer questions. This is reserved for members who actively participate in this board.

Re: Bowyers: Metal parts

Postby Mann » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Marc I have been giving it some thought :o but if we do it would just be fill in type work for our regular machining jobs.You don't know where I could find some one to tryout a left hand version do ya? :twisted:

BK If enough guys reply that they think they will want more in the future I will keep them in stock but if the interest is dying off then I will wait awhile to run another batch and then probably only
10 pair or so at a time.

I never did post them but I do still have a few sets of the plates for the Black bear compounds
Here is an old PSE that we put a set of limb pockets on.
Mann

Postby marc » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:14 am

Might know a lefty that would shoot one!!!

Those PSE limb pockets are sweet. Once they are finished you would never know it was an altered riser.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:35 am

Mann, if you're going to get set up to do a run, you're best to make a pile of them. You can make 20 sets for slightly more cost than doing 15 sets. The material doesn't cost much and they don't take up too much space. Just toss them on the shelf and wait for the next wave. It does come in waves. As soon as someone posts an ILF build-along, people go nuts and have to have them all at once.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:36 am

I like the geometry of that converted PSE riser!
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Mann » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 am

Thanks, I like the old PSE also :) The guy that owns the indoor range that we shoot at in the winter gave it to me. As soon as I find a decent set of used limbs I intend to give it back to him and try and get him to shooting the recurve and longbow stuff.
Feral your right about the inserts and when I do run another batch I will likely run 30 -50 pair as before.
I had one of the new risers dipped last week but have not got pics of it yet, it looks pretty cool in a carbon fiber dip with the TT extremes on it :D
Mann

Postby rwsbow » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:58 am

Fantastic job on that PSE...great looking rig!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby bowman_79 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Mann, Do you make a one piece bezel and bushing that will attach all the way through the limb?
bowman_79

Postby Mann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 am

Sorry but no.
What do you have in mind? glueing it in permanent?
If so you might want check out this thread of Apex Predators.
He is countersinking directly into the limb by doing a phenolic overlay.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11324&start=130&hilit=Apex+predator
Mann

Postby bowman_79 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:28 am

This is what I had in mind.
Attachments
bezel3.jpg
I saw a guy post this on another site, and I thought it looked like a pretty good idea. I just don't know if there is anyone out there that makes one.
bezel3.jpg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
bowman_79

Postby Mann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 am

Yes thats exactly what I thought you had in mind. ;)
Due to the extra material cost and the fact that it now has to have a second operation, It would be at least 3 times the money. When we do most of these parts we run 300+ pieces at a time, so that we can keep the cost as low as possible. If enough interest in them were to surface I would run them but
I don't think very many guys are going to be willing to pay that.
I think we ran like 300-350 of the bezels that I am selling now about 5-6 months ago and I still have probably 80-100 left. So they are not a huge seller to start with.
I could make a special run for you of 10-12 pieces, but I don't think you would like the price. :twisted:
Thanks
Jim
Mann

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Member products forum