Skip to content

WhippenStick Custom bows LLC(UPDATE 3/16/13 pg29)

This is a forum for our active members to show and shamelessly shill their goods as well as answer questions. This is reserved for members who actively participate in this board.

Re: WhippenStick Custom bows LLC(UPDATE 3/16/13 pg29)

Postby Kenro » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am

And the new FireHawk 3pc longbow! :) Available in 64"-66" ImageImageImage
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:27 am

Holy.......!!!

That all black one up top is AWESOME!!!!
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Kenro » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 am

Stykshooter wrote:Holy.......!!!

That all black one up top is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks Randy...........Its easy.....Start with the shittiest looking wood in the scrap pile...glue up as much as it takes to make a big enough chunk for a riser...shape it as needed.....PAINT BLACK (krylon brand flat black ;)).....epoxy coat over top! :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am

That's pretty cool, and probably damn near indestructible too.

I saw a riser that a guy made at the STAR shoot. He had a bunch of left over junk wood and just sawed it into 1/4" & 1/8" inch thick strips and glued them up into a block. No real plan or design. A little bit of everything, Locust, walnut, Cherry, etc. When he sawed out the riser and finished it...Wow! Great looking, unique bow.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Daniel Banting » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Full Disclosure: I am waiting on a bow from Ken, the following should not be misinterpreted as me trying to put a shine on him and perhaps getting my bow a little sooner!

Ken:
I have watched your bows evolve since I first became familiar with your work and subsequently bought a bow from you. In the ensuing few years I have watched the evolution of your creations with growing respect. Every new bow that I get to see serves to elevate the bar in respect to quality of workmanship. Each new model seems to bring with it just slightly better performance than the last iteration. Your "feel" for the woods that you work with and how you have a talent for blending different woods and their characters into a beautiful homogeneous sculpture is admirable.

I think that as with other art forms, there are some special people who are born with an "intuitive feel" music and painting being the most visible. Your natural inclination was towards the beauty and function of building what I feel are some the most beautiful best performing bows it has been my pleasure to see and shoot.

I for one am glad you weren't born to play the accordian.

Dan
Daniel Banting

Postby Kenro » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Daniel Banting wrote:Full Disclosure: I am waiting on a bow from Ken, the following should not be misinterpreted as me trying to put a shine on him and perhaps getting my bow a little sooner!

Ken:
I have watched your bows evolve since I first became familiar with your work and subsequently bought a bow from you. In the ensuing few years I have watched the evolution of your creations with growing respect. Every new bow that I get to see serves to elevate the bar in respect to quality of workmanship. Each new model seems to bring with it just slightly better performance than the last iteration. Your "feel" for the woods that you work with and how you have a talent for blending different woods and their characters into a beautiful homogeneous sculpture is admirable.

I think that as with other art forms, there are some special people who are born with an "intuitive feel" music and painting being the most visible. Your natural inclination was towards the beauty and function of building what I feel are some the most beautiful best performing bows it has been my pleasure to see and shoot.

I for one am glad you weren't born to play the accordian.

Dan

''the following should not be misinterpreted as me trying to put a shine on him and perhaps getting my bow a little sooner!"
SOONER!??? :lol: :lol: ITS BEEN SITTING HERE SINCE LAST NOVEMBER!! :lol: Last thing Im doing is shining here!! :lol:

"I for one am glad you weren't born to play the accordian."
HAH! You say that knowing that as hard as I wish I "could"..... I couldnt carry a tune in a dump truck with a gazoo! :lol:

But thanks for the compliment just the same! :) I just wish I did in fact have that natural "feel" as you call it for picking the woods. Sometimes it can literally take hours and hours and sometimes even an overnight to actually decide on what it is I will put together. Oh trust me when I say its not always easy for me! Not at ALL!
I think that in this business, I am somewhat lucky in that there is such a vast diversity in taste that no matter what I would do .....it "should" appeal to someone. ;)
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Nah I think thats just the wait time ken is at.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kenro » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:56 pm

4nolz wrote:Are you saying you've been waiting since November for payment?

:lol: NO! I meant he has been waiting for delivery! :lol:
Nahh....Canada Dan left a bow with me for a grip refit when he was here in November picking up his newest one.I just havnt given him it back yet!!
But in a week from this post it will again be in the hands of its owner when we meet up for the Denton Hill shoot!!

BTW....here ya go Dan.... WITH the !@*!@#~! compass you like! :x ... :D
Kenro

Postby 4nolz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Oh I didn't get the inside joke.My bad.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Stykshooter » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

here ya go Dan.... WITH the !@*!@#~! compass you like!

I want a !@*!@#~! compass!!! All I have are the plain ole Bear compasses.
Stykshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Member products forum