Skip to content

Indoor 300 Round?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Indoor 300 Round?

Postby njstykbow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:42 am

Has anyone here ever attended one of the bigger indoor shoots that uses the NFAA or PAA target for scoring? If so, what scores are the top shooters winning with? Or, is there any website where I could view posted scores from tournaments, not internet leagues?

Joe
njstykbow

Re: Indoor 300 Round?

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:02 am

Iowa proam just happened. They might have results up on their web page.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby shafted » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:26 am

I think you can still get into the NFAA site and dig up the scores shot at last years indoor champs, impressive scores there...
shafted

Postby njstykbow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:40 am

Bob,

I found the site and the results are there, but.......they've got about a gazillion classes. What class would I be in with a metal riser, elevated rest, carbon arrows, no sight (single anchor point if it matters)?
njstykbow

Postby KCummings » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 am

H. Traditional:

This style of shooting is for those who wish to compete with the Recurve or Longbow.

No device of any kind, including arrow rest, that can be used for sighting will be used or attached to the archer's equipment.

There shall be no device, mechanical or otherwise, in the sight window except the arrow rest, arrow plate or plunger button.

No part of the rest or arrow plate may extend more than 1/4 inch above the arrow.

No clickers, drawchecks or levels will be allowed. No laminations, marks or blemishes on the face of the bow
or in the sight window will be legal.

The string may be of any color but must have a single color center serving. One single nocking point is permitted. One or two nock locators may be used. Brush buttons and string silencers, properly placed, may be used. Any other marks or string attachments will be illegal.

One anchor point only is permitted.

The archer shall touch the arrow when nocked and drawing the arrow with the index finger against the nock. Finger position may not be changed during competition. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.

Gloves, tabs or fingers shall be the only legal releases. In the case of physical disability of the arms or hands, a chew strap may be used in place of fingers.

All arrows shall be identical in length, weight, diameter and fletching with allowances for wear and tear.

No stabilizer or counter balance may be used.

No written memorandum will be allowed.

Bow slings are permissible.
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby KCummings » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Joe:

According to what I could find on the NFAA site, two of what you shot last week would have made you runner up to the national indoor champ last year. (2007)

I'm going to call you "champ" from now on, ok?

;)

KPC
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby Hank » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:32 pm

No stabilizer or counter balance may be used

go ahead.... make my day :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Hank » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:48 pm

I know some Iowa OLY guys get up to the Iowa ProAm, but I haven't seen any trad or barebow scores. It is now the 3rd largest Indoor shoot in the country... bigger than Pittsburgh (it was last year anyway)

Guy from our club shot a 359 (out of 360) in the Pro $ class...... go Jim!
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby njstykbow » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Thanks for the info. I could eliminate the Mini S-Coil stabilizer. I like how it feels, but don't know that it adds anything to my shooting. Other than that, I guess my equipment would be good to go?

Kevin,

Big difference between shooting in the comforts of my basement and standing on the line with everyone else and someone blowing the whistle! That's an automatic 20 point reduction for me.

Joe
njstykbow

Postby shafted » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 pm

You want to see pressure? Go shoot Vegas, when your on the line and look left and right your in a line of over 200 archers and they all have the same gut feeling you do and you get the feeling that the full bleachers behind you are all staring at YOU! Now that's choke city for sure, been there, done that...lol..
shafted

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum