Skip to content

Broadhead Communist conspiracy!!

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Broadhead Communist conspiracy!!

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:30 am

I need to use 125 grain heads on the new aluminums so I decided to go with Muzzy 3 blade. :o oh dear.... say it isn't so..... the world is going to friggin end!!! Someone call the trad police!!!

I'm only killing deer and they sure fly nice. Not to mention I got 2-6 packs with shipping off ebay for $48. I saw Ricky Welch use them in one of his videos and the guy from California on the string walking video shoots them in 4 blade. You know, I can even take a stone to the tips and make them cut-on-contact. Like I said, I've never had a head fly as nice as these. There's no reason them on the front of a 500 grain arrow going 180+ should kill anything that's unlucky enough to wander in frot of it.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: Broadhead Communist conspiracy!!

Postby Cutty » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Don't tell anyone, but I picked up some old Muzzy three blade glue on's for dirt cheap. They fly GREAT...I was actually thinking of grinding the "trocar" tip into a blunt and turning them into Grouse/small game arrows.

I still think most Trad guys would be better off shooting Thunderheads with sharp blades, then hitting the woods with badly self-sharpened Bh's.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:54 pm

I think these are as cut-on-contact as a snuffer. Maybe even more. But, they're totally not trad. :lol:

Hopefully I'll go drill something with them and we'll see.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby rwsbow » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:17 pm

Who the heck says we're "trad"...we're just longbow,recurve and sometimes compound shooters!! :lol:
I know I'm not "trad" even though I shoot recurves, and don't bother me one damn bit!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm

You're so trad, Roger. :P
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:53 pm

It's just the general idea that you can't shoot this king of BH out of a pulleyless bow. These heads were around back when compounds shot 200fps and they worked just dandy.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby rwsbow » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:10 pm

Always time and room for change, right? Why not if it works? Your Black Sheep and Firefly have harmonic dampeners,right? They work, right?Use what works!!!!!
My next set will probably be Eastman Outfitters First Cut...125 grain (maybe even 90 grain!!)single blade,cut on contact!!
a little bit "trad" and a little bit "rock n' roll"!!!! :lol:
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:40 pm

Only the Firefly has harmonic dampeners.

The Black Sheep has CWS (cross wind stabilization) technology. Of course, CWS Technology is the property of Tom Morrell Enterprises, protected under patent #6666969, and is used by TAC under lisencing agreement. Any unautorized use or copying of CWS Technology will result in a swift pee-pee whapping and a kick to the shins. :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby PAarcher » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Oh God, if you are in trouble for using Muzzys what will they do to me for using Rage 2 blade mechanicals?
Of course my first shot on a deer yesterday ended with less than stellar results so I may have to run myself out of tradtown.

Roger is NOT trad. He's retro! ;)
PAarcher

Postby Bill Grenoble » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Feral Donkey wrote:Only the Firefly has harmonic dampeners.

The Black Sheep has CWS (cross wind stabilization) technology. Of course, CWS Technology is the property of Tom Morrell Enterprises, snip :lol:

Does " HANK" know about this "Morrell guy" horning in on his design?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Bill
Bill Grenoble

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum