Skip to content

How many gap?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: How many gap?

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:05 pm

Nope, not right now but may in the future (if I can learn it) Still with sights and ring pin (no post). May try JRW's "stringgapping" or "gapwalking"..whatever it is!But probably stuck with sights.
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Redbow » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:24 am

I "Gap instinctive" and split vision and point on.
Redbow

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:03 am

I dont shoot gap but as far as I can see it has its merits and I believe once you have practiced it enough it becomes a part of your shot whether its a conscious effort or not. I think the best shooters I have seen can do it all depending on the situation. I do want to find my point on and try to see how well I can group using it. If I can group well with it I will shoot it until I become consistant and then I will have one more tool in my bag. For now on long shots I just look through , past, the riser and concentrate on the spot. If I pull through and my form holds up Im ussually in the right neighborhood.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby John » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:49 am

I gap shoot when I practice but I don't when I compete or hunt.
I don't know why,I just kind of forget to do it anymore.
I'm concentrating on my target so much I just leave the distance aiming thing to memory,,,or something like that.
Actualy when I'm shooting for real I only think about my target and follow through,every thing else should of been worked into the subconcious during practice,,,,,or it could all be a pinko plot,,,,who really knows about these things anyway ?
John

Postby BowDonkey » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:57 am

Instinctive to 17.3 yards, gap after that. I also gap at the point not on the target. I wish Hank would come out with his book, he explains his way well. It's all about how your brain is set up for the task.
BowDonkey

Postby bentbow58 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:06 am

id like to hear hanks way
keith
Hell must be empty cuz all the devils is here!
brothers of the bale
bentbow58

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum