Skip to content

How many gap?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

How many gap?

Postby Keener » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Just curious. I don't think it's possible to gap.
Too much to remember and instinctive is so much better. You have to, like, do math or somethin.
You'll never catch ME gapping!
I think it's all a trick or something anyway. Probably a plot by the Chinese to take our bows away.
Or PETA. Yeah, it's PETA. They buy their clothes at The Gap, don't they?

I think I've had too much to drink......
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!
Keener

Re: How many gap?

Postby cst » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 pm

I am a member of peta and I gap.
People Eatin' Tasty Animals
It is a Commie Chinese plot, but we don't buy our clothes at the gap.
cst

Postby PAarcher » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 am

I gap as well. Actually, it's more "gapstinktive" You get to the point where you are not really thinking about the gap any more and just shoot.
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:45 am

I'm like Mike. And actually, I'm shooting better barebow these days than I am with a sight. Sight does strange stuff to my brain and makes me forget form, creep, and colapse. Bad news. Where when I do the Hanky point form method, focus on the target, line the arrow up, and get off the string clean, they go where I want.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby stagmitis » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:41 pm

Until I exceed howard Hills credentials I think Ill gap...

Or, Aim indirectly or use split vision... :D

But thats just me...
stagmitis

Postby Chameleon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:50 pm

For me, the split vision works a lot better for left-right than for up-down. Calculating gap just doesn't seem to work for me - and I was a math major! For me it is just much easier to point to bow arm, visualize trajectory, and let it fly. I use the split vision when my left-right is getting messy, or sometimes may pay some attention to gap past 30 yards....But that is out of my hunting range - unless I'm just shooting with bloodlust at a pesky hog/coyote/feral goat that needs killing really bad....
Chameleon

Postby rhust » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:58 pm

"instinctive" up to 35 yards and gap after that.
rhust

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:15 pm

instinctive out to 20 or so and gap/split vision, gapstinktive or what ever you might call it after that........ lets just say that i know where the point is and how far under or over i have to hold it to make an accurate shot after about 20 yards.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby njstykbow » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:20 pm

It's all just way too much to think about for me. You guys start talking about gapping, poa, split-vision, gapsticntive, etc...It all gets me so confused I don't even know how I shoot?! Like someone asking me if I breathe at full draw. You never give it much thought until you do...then, that's all you think about and not what you should be thinking about. Just let 'em rip...they'll find the right spot!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Joe
njstykbow

Postby BLACK WOLF » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Count me in. My main aiming techinique is Gap and it's gotten to the point the gap is felt and not consciously calculated. It's what others here have called Gapstinctive or Instinctive Gap. I also shoot totally Instinctively and use Point of Aim depending on the shot and situation.

Ray ;)
BLACK WOLF

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum