Skip to content

coming back to aluminums

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: coming back to aluminums

Postby stagmitis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:25 pm

i would suspect you just dont have the "right" woodie....
stagmitis

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:19 am

I agree. I have no idea what they're spined for. They feel stiff.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby PAarcher » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 pm

So Aaron, you are saying that you have a stiff woodie and that this is a problem?
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Yes. And it keeps getting me into trouble. :lol:

I got my 2314s in the mail last night and today I got out my little tubing cutter from Ace Hardware and started making a bare shaft shorter until I got the spine where I want it. The shafts are actually barely too weak for me to run with a plunger. I got the plunger as stiff as it would go and it's still weak by just a bit so I pulled the plunger and used a GEREP side plate which is pretty stiff and it was just a little on the stiff side then. So I thought I'd try the Muzzy heads and they're pretty long. The length must have given it just that last little bit to get the spine pretty close. I'm getting great arrow flight and they're impacting 2" left of where I'm aiming them at about 20 yards. If I deep hook then let the string roll on to the pads of my fingers at full draw this adds a little draw length and seems like I'm able to get off the string cleaner, then they go right where they're pointed like a 510 grain Oscar Meyer weiner. Man, they sure thump the hell out of the Block target!

I painted up the flipper with a sharpie to see what I was getting for crashing. After 15 shots or so a little was worn off the tip of the flipper and that was it.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum