Skip to content

First 300 round

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

First 300 round

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:02 am

Thanks to Chris, CST, ( crime scene technician ? ) I got to shoot my first 300 round last night. I have to admit that when shooting a 66" LB it was a little close quarters and the poor bastard to my right, Chris :twisted: got poked in the head a few times with my top limb tip :D

It was a good time amd we both had some good targets. I told Chris I was only competing against myself and just wanted to improve my shooting but in the back of my mind I was thinking " this guys got a fracture in his bow arm wrist and a brace on his string hand wrist and if he out shoots me I'm gonna have to hear that crap for a loooooong time !" So I laid back and played dumb and only beat him by one point so his ego would be too badly bruised :roll:

Thanks for the invite Chris and we will surely do it again sometime soon. Maybe next time I'll only shoot a 62" LB :lol:
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Re: First 300 round

Postby Yohon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:11 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What score did you guys shoot?
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby rwsbow » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:17 am

The nice thing about 300 rounds is that you can track and record your scores to see if your practice sessions are improving your score..and form..because along with better form comes better scores (normally!!) And it doesn't matter right away what the scores are, as long as improvement occurs.
And it's a shitload of fun when others are shooting with you..the "razzing and needling" if FUN!!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby superkodiak38 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:36 pm

Yohon,

I shot a 203 with 7X's, my worst target scored a 9 :o and my best one was my last one and scored a 23 w 2X's.
Chris shot a 202, broken wrist and all with I believe 5 X's he had more consistant shooting and I just pulled a couple of good rounds out of my a$$ 8-)
RWS,

I agree that it is fun and it will hopefully improve my shooting. I ussually only shoot 2-3 arrows at a time as I find I loose concentration after that so it is a good mental exercise for me as well. CST and I being the only two guys shooting barebow with sticks got some compliments from the guys with compounds and stabs shooting a release and that was nice too. Although I think one guy didnt appreciate us sitting down and watching while he was still shooting his second arrow.. :P
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby cst » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:29 am

"Although I think one guy didnt appreciate us sitting down and watching while he was still shooting his second arrow.. "
F him. He got over it. You shot pretty good, I figured you would get bored Tim. Next time I aint gonna let you smacking me in the head with your bow tip distract me. Your ass is grass! lol Glad you came out. I went and shot last night 2 rounds, I shot a 216 and a 197. I should have stopped to take some advil. :lol: Amazingly the arm with the bone all chipped up don't bother me near as much as the sprained wrist. I think I must be a giant wuss. Either way I am glad you came out Tim and hopefully I will be all healed up soon and you can quit taking it easy on me.
cst

Postby Cutty » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:25 pm

Sounds like a blast. Keeping score is a good thing too. Helps you get a realistic baseline and definitely helps work on your focus. I don't do it enough.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

Postby superkodiak38 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:37 pm

I know one thing for sure. I need to shoot a different glove or a tab, my Big SHot glove is grooved up and shooting a lighter weight bow I was having a hard time getting off the string due to the grooves. I could actually feel it hang up a couple of times and watched those arrows go astray. To make up for it I tryed to shoot more off my pads and got a couple that went off " prematurely" and as you know that is always a bad thing :shock:
superkodiak38

Postby cst » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:39 pm

Well, Tim and I went and shot again. He can tell you how that went. :twisted:
cst

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Ok, so I had a bad night and the little bastard, uh I mean Chris beat me. On the positive side I now know these 2020's aint flying too well out of my wimpy bow so next week I'm breaking out the flame thrower and we'll see how that goes :-)

Of course I did get an arrow through a 1"- 11/2" or so ring on the third shot at 20 yards...how many shots did you take at that little bitty ring chris ? :mrgreen:
superkodiak38

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:31 pm

Night at the range is always a good time. Where we go they have a beer bar just outside the lanes. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum