Skip to content

Walking the Warf

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Walking the Warf

Postby cst » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:45 pm

oh yeah, my benchmark for quiet is a Sapphire Hawk with a D-97 string two (small) wool puffs, a calf hair rest and some black max's with at least 125 up front. That is a quiet rig. Add a heavier arrow or more weight and it is just more of the same.
cst

Postby rwsbow » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:51 pm

Love the paint job on the bow (already know about the arrows!!)..what kind of paint , brand, and color!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Hank » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:53 pm

String Walking setups for hunting I would call "gangsta" Thats alot of bling on that string! lol

How do you sharpen your Ace heads Jason, I think next year I am going to buy a variety of weights from Bob and just start shooting those. Bob is too cool not to support with my broadhead funds :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby cst » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:54 am

thanks for the tip on the velcro. That is a good idea. TopCamp showed me a similar thing. That is good thinking.
cst

Postby Hank » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:00 am

JRW wrote:Hank: I use a file and crock stick on the Ace heads. They're incredibly easy to sharpen and hold and edge extremely well. Tough as nails too.

great...thanks
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby topcamp » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:07 pm

thanks for the tip on the velcro. That is a good idea. TopCamp showed me a similar thing. That is good thinking.

what i showed cst was........i crest the 1st 1/2 inch behind my broadheads with glows glopaint.......it will glow in the dark for up to 24 hrs once you charge it with light.........only works for those that actually use the tip of their arrow for shooting........but you'll know where the arrow tip is in pitch black........i also use it on my dentafloss knocking points ......top and bottom.........

the white velcro probably would be more visiable at twilight than the glowpaint........the glowpaint kicking in when you can basicly only make shapes out by looking sidewise instead of straight ahead..................
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby shafted » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:36 pm

A little trick I have used for years is to mount all your broadheads so one blade is vertical and all broadheads the same. Then paint the back of the upper blade with Whiteout or other white paint. What you end up with is a good vertical sight pin, just figure out what yardage the top of the white painted "pin" works well at and go hunting. Works very well in low light for us "instictive" archers..when hunting you need all the help you can get and this helps...snag
shafted

Postby cst » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:55 pm

shafted wrote:A little trick I have used for years is to mount all your broadheads so one blade is vertical and all broadheads the same. Then paint the back of the upper blade with Whiteout or other white paint. What you end up with is a good vertical sight pin, just figure out what yardage the top of the white painted "pin" works well at and go hunting. Works very well in low light for us "instictive" archers..when hunting you need all the help you can get and this helps...snag

Wait a minute... Lol. good idea Shafted
cst

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum