Skip to content

3-D Trad stuff

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

3-D Trad stuff

Postby Bill Grenoble » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:02 am

The last 3-D trad only shoot ( very small) was this past Sunday, 10AM to 2PM, $5 shoot all day. They had 15 targets set up in the woods & a small field. Standing Stone Traditional Archers ( Port Royal, PA--at Juniata Sportsmen property) puts on 2 after 3-D season combination trad Archery & muzzle loader shoots each year, plus the larger 2 day Traditional Archery rendezvous in June. I live 35 miles from Port Royal, and it was not raining or snowing at home, but predicted. Six of us made the trip, driving through white out conditions & rain to get there. We were the only hardy souls to show up with archery gear, and about 20 ML fans in their primitive garb. They have a walk through muzzle loader course, Hawk throwing & knife throwing, combining the scores, and extra points if they shoot a bow on the archery course, 3 later shot it. It was snowing and raining hard the whole time as we shot around the course three times. I started out with three arrows, one aluminum and two wood, covered with a zip-lock bag. No warm up targets as the regular archery range is a half mile from this course, we went to target # 1, a snow covered groundhog at about 12 yards. Piece of cake. My tab was wet, my fingers were already cold, so as I drew back with my only aluminum arrow I brought, the string slipped off my wet tab/fingers and I shot about 5 feet over the target into some green briars that a bulldozer couldn't drive through. Didn't even look for the 1814 Eclipse. I shot the rest of the day with two woody's, and didn't miss again. It was fun to go to a shoot after about 6 weeks of no shoots during archery deer season. I will post the flyer for the two day Trad rendezvous there in June, for all you eastern guys, as I think you might enjoy this shoot. A 20 target competition course ,shoot or not, two fun courses, an Iron man course, allowing you to only carry one arrow, break or lose, you are done, and novelty shoots. Last year there were 76 shooter's, many more expected in 2008. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Re: 3-D Trad stuff

Postby rwsbow » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:14 am

You're a hardy soul, Bill!!

Wish they would have something like that around this area of Kentucky..sure sounds like a lot of fun....almost like old times!!

Jolly Roger
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Re: 3-D Trad stuff

Postby Bill Grenoble » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 pm

rwsbow wrote:You're a hardy soul, Bill!!

Wish they would have something like that around this area of Kentucky..sure sounds like a lot of fun....almost like old times!!

Jolly Roger

It was fun, and fun was the reason none of us minded the cold (37*) and very wet. The reason I had an AD, was that sometimes when I forget, I revert back to the 60s & 70s when I shot a hard cordovan glove off the tips of my fingers, and not like now when I (should) take a deep hook with a tab. OOPS. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum