Skip to content

Masters of the Barebow Vol 2

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Masters of the Barebow Vol 2

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:55 pm

like hank said, it wasn't earth shattering......... but it was fun to watch and i did come away from it with a few things that i would like to try....... i really liked the idea of using heat shrink for nock sets...... simple, quick and easy to remove if you need to :D....... i also liked how they showed three different methods for tuning..... great idea for new guys that are having trouble with arrow flight and as always, ken beck was very informative and a class act......... i was most intrigued with Van and his style of shooting and his impressive accuracy out to and beyond 100 yards :o........ i watched his section 3 or 4 times....... at first i though his release looked pretty uncontroled and then he went on to talk about how he thinks the release is the most important aspect of the shot and practiced it a ton....... after watching it over and over, i realized that his release looks the same every single time......... i guess that is a given since he can hold groups out to rifle ranges :D ...... i liked his section the best.

overall, i though it was a good video and fun to watch!

my vote for Vol 3 is to include joe (njstickbow), hank, bob gordon, and james wrenn!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby longbow billy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:00 am

You guys made me have to order one. I hope it is as good as the first one.
longbow billy

Postby PAarcher » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:02 am

It's on my Christmas list. I'd like to see it sooner though.
PAarcher

Postby Hank » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:57 pm

Saw the Ty Pelfry section. I think if you are a string walker you have mental problems...lol

They either line up the string vertically on the riser differently for different yardages, or like Ty does, he changes the plunger tension. Evidently walking the string changes some left/right alignment at different distances. They probably run in the bushes and put on their pink undies for shots 5 yards and under, then read the skid mark to set up for the next target.

If you are going to do that much screwing around, just use a damn sight.

One thing he did mention I liked was the fact that he hooks his thumb under his jaw bone for his anchor, which he says negates the need for a clicker.
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Feral Donkey » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Hank wrote:Saw the Ty Pelfry section. I think if you are a string walker you have mental problems...lol

They either line up the string vertically on the riser differently for different yardages, or like Ty does, he changes the plunger tension. Evidently walking the string changes some left/right alignment at different distances. They probably run in the bushes and put on their pink undies for shots 5 yards and under, then read the skid mark to set up for the next target.

If you are going to do that much screwing around, just use a damn sight.

One thing he did mention I liked was the fact that he hooks his thumb under his jaw bone for his anchor, which he says negates the need for a clicker.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :P :mrgreen:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby flash2 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:23 pm

JRW, I'd like to know how that works myself :?:
flash2

Postby Hank » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:31 am

My guess is that it is major bone structure on the face, lined up with major bone structure in the hand, combined with rearward pressure?
Hank

Postby CarolinaBob » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Hello all. I have watched the dvd several times and found the segments by Ty and Larry the best. They were pretty good at explaining what they were trying to do when it came to shooting, rather than "grip it and rip it" of the others gave. But then again they are both world champions, and I shoot both a metal riser recurve and a IFAA type longbow. The tuning part is pretty good.
CarolinaBob

Postby Hank » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Bob -- what is your longbow setup? I think I might like to give the longbow field rounds a try.
Hank

Postby Cutty » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:33 am

I'd love to try a longbow field round as well. And I'm looking forward to MBB2.
Fettucini, Linguine, Martini, Bikini...
Cutty

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum