Skip to content

Masters of the Barebow Vol 2

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Masters of the Barebow Vol 2

Postby Bill Grenoble » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:44 pm

I got my new DVD this morning, and I have a question, Are any of you familar with 3 time world IFAA longbow champion Larry Yien. I would like to know what longbow he is shooting in the DVD. For IFAA longbow class, it may not be an R/D hybrid, but must make a smooth D curve when strung. Shot off the shelf, you shoot out to 80 yards with wood arrows only, as we do here for NFAA field rounds. If any of you know him, or have received the DVD, maybe you can identify the bow. Take down bows are not allowed in the class, only one piece longbows. His bow seems to shoot very good. Maybe Chad (LBR)would know.Thanks, Bill
Bill Grenoble

Re: Masters of the Barebow Vol 2

Postby PAarcher » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:15 pm

How is the video Bill? I almost ordered it this afternoon but by the time I finished tacking on "little" extras my bill went way out of bounds and I scrapped the whole order. That always seems to happen to me!

80 yards with wood arrows and a longbow? I still have a LOT to learn!
PAarcher

Postby Hank » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:34 pm

He was shooting a 21st Century Edge, but i think now he is shooting a Fox Triple Crown.
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Bill Grenoble » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:03 am

PAarcher wrote:How is the video Bill? I almost ordered it this afternoon but by the time I finished tacking on "little" extras my bill went way out of bounds and I scrapped the whole order. That always seems to happen to me!

80 yards with wood arrows and a longbow? I still have a LOT to learn!

I am enjoying the video Mike & Hank, yes he shoots extremely well, when you consider they only allow one anchor, and split finger. His method of long range shooting is neat, and is actually the one my wife uses. Instead of using a 1 foot gap below the target for instance, he uses a 1/2" gap above the arrow, at the arrow point.There are three or four long range barebow shooters on the video, one is world champ stringwalker, one is face walker. The one is a world champion FITA barebow shooter, and they show some of the targets straight up into the rocks, and straight down from a cliff. Very good explaination of shooting uphill & downhill at steep angles. Stump shooting, Gary Davis and his selfbows, also bare shaft & paper tuning explained clearly. Good video, Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:45 am

i ordered mine saturday...... can't wait to get it!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Bill Grenoble » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:52 am

Gino Bruno wrote:i ordered mine saturday...... can't wait to get it!

I think you're gonna like it Gino. I'm not a big fan of Fred Eichler with his screaming when he hits something, but it's only one segment, the rest is really good IMHO. The FITA field course is awesome. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby longbow billy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 pm

I've got a friend that screams when he shoots. But it is because he keeps scraping out his arrows. I ordered Masters 1 from Cabela's and really enjoyed it.
longbow billy

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:46 pm

just got mine in the mail!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hank » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:29 am

I just got mine and have watched some of it. What really strikes home with me is consintency, because not all are doing it the same way and even then it doesn't look perfect or great....but if you do the same thing every time......

They promote some guy as doing it the Hill style... he isn't. Isn't even shooting a true Hill style bow.

Looks decent so far, but not earth shattering.
Hank

Postby Hank » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:50 am

I think people are just drawn to guys that bow hunt with recurves named "Fred" lol
Hank

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum