Skip to content

Sights - specifically SRF

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Sights - specifically SRF

Postby rwsbow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Yes there is..
A bow like the Quinn Stallion (or any Quinn or high-end bow) allows for more tunability than a lot of "older" bows..but a lot of those older bows are still great shooting machines. It just allows you more choices of setups as compared to the other bows.
The more you can "customize" it to your shooting preferences, the more accurate you can become.Opens up a whole new world for a lot of people.

If you get a chance, check out the Quinn Stallion ..you won't be disappointed!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby chuck172 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 am

I like the Stallion but I'm a southpaw. I don't care for the stingray. I'm interested in a metal riser that is drilled and tapped for sights and a quiver.
I emailed Grumpy at Quinns and asked if there are any future LH plans for the scallion.
What would be my next choice in a metal riser good shooting bow like the Stallion?
chuck172

Postby rwsbow » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:04 am

Maybe a LH Warf or convert one youself once you find a compound riser that feels good.But then there's the DAS,TradTech Titan...man, there's a lot of them out there to choose from.
Depending on the length you want..maybe consider the XL3D and camo it up...that bow is a shooter!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby cst » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:47 pm

Didn't Feral Donkey sell a left handed Black Sheep? That is an awesome riser. I wouldn't sell mine on a bet.
cst

Postby chuck172 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:43 pm

By the way, I finally got my hands on a beautiful Martin Hatfield. What a difference. 62" length vs. the Kodiak's 52". 45# vs. 50# and no stacking. Talk about smooth- What a pleasure to shoot.!
Thanks for everyone's help.
chuck172

Postby JimmyFingers » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:43 am

chuck172 wrote:By the way, I finally got my hands on a beautiful Martin Hatfield. What a difference. 62" length vs. the Kodiak's 52". 45# vs. 50# and no stacking. Talk about smooth- What a pleasure to shoot.!
Thanks for everyone's help.

Chuck 172...If You have big hands, that Hatfield T/D will make You a great bow...Some of them come with sight bushings in them..It's a well made, solid bow...Enjoy!...Jim
"There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality, and then there are those who turn one into the other"...Douglas Everett
JimmyFingers

Postby chuck172 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:53 am

I do have big hands and I absolutely love this bow. It doesn't have sight bushings. I called Martin Archery and they will install if I want. I wonder if I can do this job myself. Doesn't seem too hard, I understand the bushings if bought @ Martin are simple to install , come with instructions.
By the way, I taped a temp. sight on the bow , memorized the sight position at the window of the riser, removed the sight and I'm shooting pretty accurately that way. I scribed a light pencil line on the riser for elevation and use the outside of my bow hand for windage.
Would this be considered instinctive, aiming , point of aim, I don't know, but it seems to be working @ 15 to 20 yards.
chuck172

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum