Skip to content

Titan 11

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Titan 11

Postby topcamp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:28 pm

maybe we could enrole him and the powers to a course in good visual design.............................i took a look at that riser when it came out and just rolled my eyes..............broadhead cutouts........... :roll: :o :?: :?: :?: someone just flunked design 101..............but .........then again visual taste is a hard thing to grasp................ :mrgreen:
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Brian Wagar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:16 pm

When i first looked at the new titan with the cutout's i said shit that's ugly but after shooting it,i slowly forgot about the cutout's to good a shooting riser to worry about how it looks and the price i think is incredible. Brian
Brian Wagar

Postby Festivus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I wasn't crazy about them but I can live with them. Looks better in black than in bare metal like when they first presented it.

I'd be interested to hear how TC would design it. I would have done some waffle iron looking design. I know it isn't good looking but practical for taking weight off without sacrificing stiffnes. Kinda like what Mathews is doing. Some people don't like it but functional.

I really like the covered limb pockets.
Festivus

Postby topcamp » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 pm

I'd be interested to hear how TC would design it.

with out the damn broadhead cutouts #1 for sure.............look like you would if you could............makes the riser look like a wally world special for this years bow season. and just how much weight did those holes save........ :o :?:

but i should ad a caveat...........i do not shoot one.........and probably never will.......and certainly never be able to shoot what i have as well as yohon or joe shoots one. i just hate predestrian industrial design messing with something that didn't need messing with.
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby Festivus » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:31 am

topcamp wrote:
I'd be interested to hear how TC would design it.

............makes the riser look like a wally world special for this years bow season. and just how much weight did those holes save........ :o :?:

That's freakin hillarious. LOL. :lol: :lol:

The ugliest cutouts ever were on a Reflex compound I think. It had deer hoof cutouts. Hideous.
Festivus

Postby MikeW » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 am

I guess am the only one with no taste that thinks they look good.
:oops:
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
MikeW

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:35 pm

MikeW wrote:I guess am the only one with no taste that thinks they look good.
:oops:

Kurt Vonnegut said it best "In the final analysis, all tastes are tastes." And besides, I think they're kind of cool looking too.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby Stykshooter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:48 pm

I like 'em, especially on my olive drab 19"er. You can definitely tell its a Titan from 50 yards away. If they had just done a broadhead cut out, I may not be much of a fan. But the way the edges are all beveled in there I think makes it look classy.

A friend of mine just got one in and detail painted the beveled edges on his black riser bright red. Has a red aluminum Nakata magnetic rest on it and it looks great! Wish I had thought of that.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum