Skip to content

Titan 11

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Titan 11

Postby Brian Wagar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Even though it took way longer than promised this bow is as good of a bow as i have ever shot,it was well worth the wait.right now i have a set of 44 lb KAP Windstorm shorts on it and i think i like this better than my medium PSE'S that i started out shooting on it . Not sure why i waited so long to buy one of these but for $399 it the best shooting riser that i've tried, if your questioning purchasing this riser in my humble opinion break out the cash.Thx Brian
Brian Wagar

Re: Titan 11

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 pm

I went through a zillion risers too Brian. Finally settled on the Titan. Right now I've got two 17" risers and one 19". Don't see how anything could be better.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby BEN MAHER » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I'll tell ya once I get my leftyy 1 from Marc !

they sure do look sweet ...
BEN MAHER

Postby Yohon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:04 am

They really do spoil a guy........ 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Matt_Potter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:48 am

Let me start by saying I know the politics of the matter and don't care so lets not get into that.

For you guys that have shot both the Das bow and the tradtec bow what makes the Titan a better riser than the Dalaa? The geometry looks the same and they take the same handles - other than limb adjustment what is the difference??

Matt
Matt_Potter

Postby Yohon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:14 am

1st off I didn't know they took the same grip, I thought the screw holes were different ? The last 17" das I saw had raised finger placement bumps low on the grip that I didnt care for. I do remember the old ones had that really pronounced. das has the raised shelf bump Titan doesnt. The new Titan has the limb pockets enclosed which I like, das doesn't. New Titan has the pocket weight system and while its not available, a trip to the local hardware store can get you your own weight system and I really like the feel it gives the riser. Im sure you know of the ilf vs das connection. Thats about all I can think of....other than the limb adjustment that you mentioned. Do you need it? Good limbs......probably not but when you do I've seen it change the bow into a real shooter. I remember Rob adjusting on one of NJstickbows risers and was amazed at difference that it made. Ive owned 3 or 5 different Titans over the last couple of years and only had to adjust one slightly so take that for what it worth. These things by themselves dont do much to sway you one way or the other but when you add it all up in one neat package its pretty nice to have. In the end its still the Indian pullin the string and a guy like you who know how to pull the string I'd imagine would be good with a broomstickLOL..... 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

The Dalaa’s a fine riser; I’ve owned several DAS and Dalaa’s, so…… what sealed the deal for me?

1) ILF is simpler, albeit a little less adjustment. I grew weary of grinding off limb butts, and changing bushings. I know, I know, no big deal, but I don’t have to do any of that with the Titan.
2) Didn’t care at all for the synthetic limb pocket thingy on the Dalaa. I’m convinced that pad will flex, and over time could be an issue—or not.
3) Don’t see a need for the two setscrews for the limb bolt. The single screw in the back on the Titan seems more substantial.
4) I came to dislike the shelf bump on the Dalaa.
5) Strictly anecdotal here…. but from reading several reviews on many threads, I’m of the opinion, after the purchase by 3 Rivers, that quality control is on the side of the Titan.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby Matt_Potter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks guys - all good points - now if I could just get John to make me one with out those stupid arrow heads LOL

Matt
Matt_Potter

Postby Yohon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 am

Good luck with that Matt.....I tried but they wouldnt do it.......kept coming up with some lame excuse :lol: :lol: :lol:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Matt_Potter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

I have an in John fly fishes - see if that will do me any good - LOL
Matt_Potter

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum