Skip to content

Thanks Yohon, I think......

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Thanks Yohon, I think......

Postby Lee Vivian » Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am

At the Baltimore shoot last week, Yohon helped me install and set up a Klicker on my Silvertip.....had one on before...not even sure why I took it off...

Any way...I spent a lot of time on the practice range there trying to get readjusted to the clicker...and pulling through it for the shot.....what a difference! my shots have become more consistent...i was having trouble creeping after gettting to full draw...it has really helped....

thanks, yohon, for all the help...although i still think you purposely set it back way past full draw on me..... :evil:

Lee
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Re: Thanks Yohon, I think......

Postby Yohon » Fri May 25, 2012 9:26 am

:twisted: your not alone Lee.....mine doesnt move but sometimes Im sure someone has snuck in here and made the dang cord longer.

The real test will be that 1st deer you get to draw on.....
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Bender » Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Actually, honestly I'm jealous Lee. I tried a clicker once. Seriously sometimes it would work fine other times it wouldn't click untill I way over drew, or even not click at all. I obviously need somebody to show me how to set one up.
Bender

Postby Lee Vivian » Tue May 29, 2012 8:57 am

Yohon did a great job...but I still think he messed with mine.... :twisted:

It is getting a lot more natural now...I'm starting to get used to it.....and man did my groups tighten!

Now if only those tight groups actually went where I wanted them on the target....I would be very pleased! :oops:

Lee
Lee Vivian

Postby Lee Vivian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:04 pm

shot a full 3d at our club with the clicker and didn't drop a target....scored pretty well, in fact...but I still have a long way to go....sometimes I get back to full draw and squeeze my back muscles and it goes off quickly..other times it feels like someone messed with it.....

It will be put to the test in July at Denton Hill with four days of shooting....see how it works when I get fatigued....

Hope the trad police let me in with it on my bow! :roll: ;)
Lee Vivian

Postby superkodiak38 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Glad that's working out well for you Lee, I have never shot with one but have seen those who do try them improve.
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby Lee Vivian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

I just covered the clicker with moleskin to get ready for hunting season...I am so used to feeling the clicker go off..I don't even notice the sound,.,and with the moleskin it is extremely quiet.....so far, so good!
Lee Vivian

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum