Skip to content

Paul Schafer Shooting Style

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Paul Schafer Shooting Style

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Thu May 10, 2012 3:05 pm

You guys forgive me as I am only a spike buck... but how did Mr. Shafer die? I suppose I could look it up on Google, but you guys sound to have known a ton about him.

Dave
arrowlauncherdj

Postby topcamp » Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

wensel has a lengthy post on google about it...............

YESTERDAY'S HERO-TOMORROW'S LEGEND
PAUL SCHAFER REMEMBERED
By Barry Wensel

Monday, January 18th, 1993 found Paul downhill skiing near his home on Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana. He was skiing with artist/friend Tom Sander and former all-pro defensive end of the Miami Dolphins Doug Betters. Late in the afternoon, after negotiating icy slopes all day without falling, the expert skiers went out of bounds to avoid a series of icy mogels. Paul fell hard on the extremely steep, icy slopes landing head-first. He really built momentum as he slid down-hill for a hundred yards or so, coming to a stop when he hit a tree, breaking his neck in two places and rupturing his aorta. Even though he was undoubtedly killed instantly, Betters continued CPR until he was evacuated from the mountain. Paul was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital................................
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby arrowlauncherdj » Thu May 10, 2012 6:17 pm

O wow, now I understand... Usually with exceptionally physical people it is unexpected heart disease or cancer. Accidents are just as deadly
arrowlauncherdj

Postby whump » Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 pm

Whump Sez; Thanks for posting on Schafer, Lee that was something else.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am

I've been lucky enough to get to chum around with and drink with a lot of Paul's old acquaintences... hearing most of these stories over beers and many more. The guy was a complete animal. I have never looked into it much, but I guess his football feats at Montana State were also unreal... hard core running back that punished anyone who tried to lay a hand on him.

Good stuff to re-read.
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum