Skip to content

Great vid to watch

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Great vid to watch

Postby Matt_Potter » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Hornseeker wrote:Shit, I'll hang with ya there GWB... nuttin wrong wit dat...

Now this vid isn't near as intense... but the Russian Girl is fun to watch shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HennyLARCww

With you on that one - but she is way to tall for you guys.

Worked in Russia for a summer the women are stunning and LOVE American's - it was a rude awakening when I got back to Missoula and the hippy chicks were not so impressed with me.

Matt
Matt_Potter

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:36 pm

LMFAO Matt... I feel your ya bro.... All the russians in Missoula just marry Russians! I lived next to two or three familys of them in Lolo... all the daughters, of which there were many...looked very similar to that archer...
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Its a cool vid annd I love watching a good archer shoot .
I have just set up my "Oly Rig" and am starting to train again ... and the training is killer ...

I shot bows a lot and at heart am a nerdy wood arrow staright limb longbow guy ... but I also grew up shooting a lot of FITA and it is crazy hard ... not saying that 3D isn't but a double FITA is an exercise in both physical and mental pain .. and great fun to boot ...

I am actually really looking forward to getting back and competing again in some full FITA rounds ..... I still think that heaps of guys miss out on a lot by not shooting IFAA , NFAA and FITA ... 70 yard plus shooting for score is a great way / tool to better your overall shooting .....

at my estimation [ and i am shit at maths :lol: ] after a two day FITA using my 42# bow , not including warm up shots I will have pulled 5.5 tonnes ... and still trying to keep good form on a the little target face in those last shots is just plain hard .....

Mind you , I totally suck at 3D as well ......... So take what I am saying with a grain of salt ......
BEN MAHER

Postby rsarns » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Great Video! Shows how the pressure of match shooting can really get to you. I watched the Vid also of Team USA at the recent WAF in Vegas, watching Vic Wunderlee, Brady Ellison and the rest of the top shooters...
rsarns

Postby Ranger B » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Hank wrote:Take all the shit off their bow, including all the mass weight and lets see what they can do :) I do not believe OLY style archery is the essence of human sport. What kind of sport uses a fucking clicker? lol

I think I will try out for the next OLY curling team :)

I think that is about the most ridiculous thing I've read on the internet in quite a long time. What sport other than ours hates its own participants?
Ranger B
Ranger B

Postby Yohon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:36 am

:lol: Nothin to worry about Jimmy its only Hank spoutin off..........he's got "issues" :twisted:
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Ranger B » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:09 am

:-) Yohon you coming to Clarksville this year? We sure would like to have you.
Ranger B
Ranger B

Postby Yohon » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:56 am

Rumor goin around that a couple Pirates might make it there 8-)
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby Hank » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:40 am

There is a reason archers are not signing multi million dollar contracts.
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 pm

I shot and won an American 900 round a few years ago at a local club. I won it because I was the only guy shooting a recurve that turned in a score card. I got a belt buckle to prove it too.

I haven't done it since. It wasn't very fun. It was more like work than it was something you do for fun. There was no walking through the woods, talking about having sex with Elizabeth Taylor's armpit and goofing off like we do. There were no trees to bounce arrows off of and bent arrows don't shoot better than straight arrows. Then you have to be quiet and people are all so competitive and act like their diapers need changing. It wasn't fun. I don't like doing things that suck. 3D is physically easier, but it's also more difficult in certain ways. You don't have any ranging shots, just 1 and done. Shooting a long distance in a open field presents its own challenges with wind pushing your arrows and direct sun effecting your bow limbs. For me, archery is a social sport and the FITA stuff seems more antisocial than anything. Half way through the round, FITA shooters aren't going to walk over to the concession stand and slam a few beers and pound a few sandwiches and socialize for a half hour before going back. They'll cut each-other's ham strings given the chance and element of surprise. :lol:

People like hard sports. Look at all the nut-jobs lining up to do the Tough Mudder. Maybe it's because there's no competition, it's just going there to do it sorta thing, vs trying to beat others.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum