Skip to content

Great vid to watch

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Great vid to watch

Postby Bender » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:01 am

I wonder though, would it be that big a difference given unmarked yardage? I shoot 'em all, 3D, marked, unmarked, Indoor, Field, the 900 round, and for me unmarked makes a big difference. The closest I come to Oly shooting is the State 900. 6 arrows each end. It IS hard. I've taken it in Adult Male longbow here for the last few years but its a bitch. I'm too much like First arrow......Second arrow.....Thrid arrow.....Oooohhh! Look! Squirrel! BOOOIIIIINNNGGG.
Bender

Postby rwsbow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 am

Just my thoughts on it..

Each type of archery....Oly,target,3D,field,hunting..requires dedication,and most individuals gear their mental approach to the type that interests them most. There are some people that can excel at a lot of different styles of shooting, but they "prefer" one style over the other, and spend relentless hours practicing accordingly...

I've seen the Oly world (quite UN-successfully, I might add :cry: ) and know what it takes to succeed in that arena...the willingness to become a literal "shooting machine" ...arrow after arrow being attempted to be shot perfectly..at 90 meters, you find out just how good you are real quick...

I've seen the IBO 3D world (thankfully never competed, avoided embarrassment that way :lol: ) and the same level of dedication is apparent there..judging yardage, perfecting technique,etc....

These "cream of the crop" archer/athletes would probably excel in any of the varieties of competition.They would just have to prepare for the different methods required to be successful...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Hank » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:01 am

Take all the shit off their bow, including all the mass weight and lets see what they can do :) I do not believe OLY style archery is the essence of human sport. What kind of sport uses a fucking clicker? lol

I think I will try out for the next OLY curling team :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 am

Not knowing near as much about this shit as Joe and Randy... I do agree that with THEIR equipment, Ricky would not even come CLOSE on the longer targets... when Ricky is having a good day, on the stuff from 60 yards in he can be insanely consistent.

However, i imagine at shorter ranges the FITA shooters are ridiculously sharp...

I have no doubt that Ricky...and some others, could pick up an oly set up and within a couple weeks of hard work could be shooting nearly world class. What do you think Joe and Randy? I just think he's got the natural talent to make it work. I know a guy named Dave Eatmon...who has a goofy ass shooting style, that won worlds several times (Im not even sure in what type of shooting)... but I've seen him take his homemade recurve at 80 yards and put 6 arrows in a paper plate. Its unREAL. We had a friendly shoot one day at my dads place. 50 yards. My dad is a "decent" compound shooter and another guy was too. Dave shot his RC and I my LB... I finished last by a long shot (there were actually negative point hits on the target)... and Dave edged out my dad with his compound. If Dave took a few weeks and shot an OLY setup he, WITHOUT any doubt in 'my' mind...would be a top shooter in the world.

The most impressive part of that video to me was that little Korean gal putting 2 arrows into the camera hole in the middle of that target. Holy Shit!!!

I need to get some light limbs for my Black Sheep and do a little 90 meter work...hehehe

Not the Essence of human sport?? I dont get it? Its sport...and they are humans... like I said about Ricky or Dave shooting Fita gear... I'll bet you any of those Oly guys/gals could pick up a Hill Style longbow and in a very short amount of time be shooting as well as anyone there is. JMO of course. :lol:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby topcamp » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 am

for those of you that have never seen nj .....aka .....joe shoot his plain jane recurve at 90 yrds...........it's something to behold......come to baltimore like i said.

but .......i don't have a pup in this hunt.............i only put the welch video up as a chance to look at another type of master at the shooting game. that being said...........it would be a hoot to have him shoot his recurve off the shelf using his bolt on quiver as a stabilizer with no mechanical release and no sights..........one arrow only at 90 meters to count as much as the total arrows of the oly shooter..........presuming that we're gonna play by the rules of his game and the rules of the oly game........or we could let each shooter shoot the rules of the game on........

yeah........my horse might lose ..........but it might just be by only a nose.....................regardless........the top shooters in both games are awesome to watch................
the more we know about the " how " and the " why " of..........the less we see and notice about the " now " of the " when "...
_tc...on the inflation of life

on that day.......you wake up and never more what was .......will ever be again.
_tc on growing old
topcamp

Postby GuyWithBow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Seriously, nobody is going to say how smoking hot the Korean chick that won the gold medal was? Really??? Nobody??? Fine, I will...

THE KOREAN CHICK WAS SMOKING HOT, EVEN IF SHE HAD NOT BEEN HOLDING A BOW!!!

I have been confused, offended, and humbled at various points on my cruise here on the good ship POA, but I have never been ashamed before... Come on y'all. :o :D
Last edited by GuyWithBow on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuyWithBow

Postby rwsbow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Hank.....you'd have to eliminate the handle on the curling "stone"..that's just added mass weight.. :o :lol: :lol:
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:22 pm

GuyWithBow wrote:Seriously, nobody is going to say how smoking hot the Korean chick that won the gold medal was? Really??? Nobody??? Fine, I will...

THE KOREAN CHICK WAS SMOKING HOT, EVEN IF SHE HAD NOT BEEN HOLDING A BOW!!!

I have been confused, offended, and humbled at various points on my cruise here on the good ship POA, but I have never been ashamed before... Come on y'all. :o :D

Now admittedly all tastes are tastes, but damn - you need to get out more often.
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Postby GuyWithBow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Wont argue with you about needing to get out more, but she was pretty damn cute. Has me wondering what a "Koren wax" would look like... :D
GuyWithBow

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 am

Shit, I'll hang with ya there GWB... nuttin wrong wit dat...

Now this vid isn't near as intense... but the Russian Girl is fun to watch shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HennyLARCww
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum