Skip to content

Great vid to watch

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Great vid to watch

Postby Ranger B » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:14 pm

That's great news Yohon. Wish I could make Baltimore but the Army is demanding more this year. :)
Ranger B
Ranger B

Postby BEN MAHER » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

...I am a dyed in the wool stump shooter , not really one for 3D , love IFAA field as my primary "competition " type of archery [ still using Hill style bows and woodies ] and have recently gone back to some FITA shooting with a full Oly rig ...

... plenty of room for everyone I reckon ...

...but to me , archery in its best form is a bunch of lads wandering the woods stumping and roving ... After years of hunting I think I now almost prefer it to chasing critters ... in ffact I think I almosdt go hunting now just to get in some stumping

...And FD , bring on the Tough Mudder in September ..... :D ... as I get through these new workouts I am already just about a dead man walking ........ ;)
BEN MAHER

Postby Ranger B » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Ben I completely agree with your statement that there is plenty of room for everyone. We, as a community, need to be more inclusive vs. exclusive. There are way too many judgmental folks in the recurve/longbow side of archery. I make and shoot selfbows. I hunt squirrels, deer, turkey, stumps, birds and angry looking grasshoppers with them. I love it. But, I also enjoy the feel of my Best Moon riser with a 11.5" Doinker, Trad Tech BF Extreme limbs, elevated rest and plunger. It shoots like a dream and I wouldn't dream of giving it up. I also own Hill longbows, Marriahs, and have a Fox Triple Crown on the way. I'm an archer and love the sport. I shoot field, indoors, 3D, and next year may even go to Vegas with a sight and clicker. I have friends that shoot everything from worn out selfbows that should be kindling to Pro Freestylers with cables and pulleys. I have friends that wear buckskins and coonskin hats and I have friends that could model in a Woolrich magazine. All are good people. I just hope, over time, we can continue to prefer archer over traditional.

Happy Shooting fellas.
A closed mind is an enigma. Nothing ever gets in, but strange things are always coming out.
Ranger B
Ranger B

Postby LBR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 pm

That was some amazing shooting. Ain't nothing magical about clickers and stabilizers--it's legal for the Olympics, they look for and can utilize the smallest advantage, so more power to 'em. I know I lack the discipline to train like they do.
LBR

Postby Hank » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Ain't nothing magical about clickers and stabilizers--it's legal for the Olympics

If you don't have a rock solid anchor point or a bow that balances correctly it can be as magical as eating a bowl of lucky charms.

Golfers don't have clickers to tell them exactly how long their swing is. Probably why they get paid a little more than an archer. The sport of archery painted itself in the corner a long time ago, so now they are painting the walls around them in the corner to make it look like they are doing something special :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby LBR » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 pm

If you don't have a rock solid anchor point or a bow that balances correctly it can be as magical as eating a bowl of lucky charms.

So anyone can just install a clicker and stabilizer and be and Olympic class shooter?
LBR

Postby Feral Donkey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 am

I think it says so in Viper's book.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Bender » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:27 am

LBR wrote:

So anyone can just install a clicker and stabilizer and be and Olympic class shooter?

I think the point was missed, unless there's something about Lucky Charms that I'm missing out on. I believe Hank was pointing out that unless you're a decent shooter with good basics, clickers, stabs, etc won't do squat for you. Or maybe I'm wrong about what he meant. But I do know that if you shoot like shit, and throw on a stab and whatever else, you'll still shoot like shit, but then you'll have something to blame your poor shooting on, which is always a plus, right?
Accessories can enhance a good shooter. Or a clicker in particular can assist in BECOMING better, but its no instant fix. Use of the clicker has to be approached using good basics, a plan of training, and at least half a brain.
Bender

Postby LBR » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 pm

I think it says so in Viper's book.

No comment.....

I agree Bender--about the aids helping someone become a little better...
LBR

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum