Skip to content

Longer bows and others stuff.....

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Longer bows and others stuff.....

Postby Matt_Potter » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Yohon - I have a serious monkey draw (32 inches) and I started down the long bow route a couple of years ago - right now I am shooting a Luxor with winnex longs 72 inches - it truly redefines smooth - would I want haul it around the woods with me - not so much but, it sure makes my 66 inch hunting bow seem short.

Matt
Matt_Potter

Postby whump » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Whump sez; I shot a 68" Hill Bow for years and most of the shooting was from a tree stand . Then I started shooting a benchmark longbow with a little r&d built in ,and it was also 68" . Next came the 62" turkey creek bows and I have to admit that other than the times they attacked me, they were a lot easier to shoot from a tree stand. I started back to shooting the Hill bow a few days ago and I forgot how much hand shock that thing had. Truly though the Hill bow is not cranky on the shot and you can grip the heck out of it and it will not throw a shot off from torquing . So basically I have shot 68" bows for years and years. Has anyone on here had any experience with the shorter Hill style bows. I really like they way the 68.s point, and the uncrankyness on the shot.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:38 pm

I like the way my 68" Hill bows shoot as well, but gotta tell ya, you really need to try out one of Kens 66" Whippenstick Classics. It is a straight limbed "D" bow but feels like a R/D bow at the shot. He has somehow taken all of the "crankiness" out of the design.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby whump » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Whump sez; ok so have you got a pic to post ? I am listening . The narrow thick limbs on Hill style bows just about eliminates torquing on the shot . How about a frontal pic of the bows or direct me to a site for some pics. thanks styk
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby Stykshooter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 am

Go to the members products forum and go into the Whippenstick custom bows tab. My bow is towards the bottom of page nine. The classic with leather wrap. I also posted a thread on it with the first deer I killed with it in the bowhunting forum.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby whump » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Ok thanks styk!
whump

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum