Skip to content

Three fingers under with sights.

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Three fingers under with sights.

Postby GuyWithBow » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 pm

Now that I am paying attention to it, I have noticed that shooting three under gives me a cleaner and most consistent release. Most folks would think that is a great thing because they shoot that way already or will ultimately shoot better if they do, but I shoot sights (or will be when all this bale and bridge stuff gets worked through anyway). I am concerned this will cause problems with arrow clearance with the sights at any range. Anybody shooting this way and having issues?
GuyWithBow

Re: Three fingers under with sights.

Postby Yohon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:30 am

If your having issues try a lower anchor. Index finger in corner of mouth or under the chin should get you enough clearance.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

Postby rwsbow » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 am

Depending on your setup and where you anchor (3 under, index finger in corner of the mouth) you should still be able to set a 30 yard pin..if you flip the sights to the inside of the riser, "probably" 40 yards...depends on the speed and weight of the arrow and bow....

If you are gonna shoot sights, you can always go below the jaw-line (old "side of face"..similar to a compounder's anchor with release) and still use 3 under and get ranges out to at least 60 yards...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby GuyWithBow » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:27 pm

What would you guys thinks about using a single, lighted pin and "gapping" with it? When I was learning to string walk, a guy told me if I was having trouble seeing the arrow tip (which I was), I could use a single pin as a "point on" and work my crawls out just like it was the arrow tip. Played around with it, seemed to work. Getting a consistent hold off should just take a little practice.
GuyWithBow

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum