Skip to content

Does tuning broadheads have to be this hard???

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Does tuning broadheads have to be this hard???

Postby marc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:06 am

I missed this thread. I have my own way of thinking about broadhead flight. It looks like Gino kinda thinks the same way. I don't worry about the weight of the different heads, only the FOC. By that I mean if you have a long 200 grain broadhead and a 200 grain field point, the FOC is further forward with the broadhead. If you increase the field tip weight to balance the same I find they fly the same (out to a reasonable range) I find 225 field tips and 200 broadheads tune the same.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Re: Does tuning broadheads have to be this hard???

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm

I wish I could shoot broadheads all the time but they get all peed-off when you shoot a broadhead into the 3D targets. :P

Maybe I'm just an odd duck but I find the arrows easier and faster to tune with broadheads than with field points. And I always get much better, more consistent flight with broadheads than I do with field points. Maybe because when it's out, it really shows it and it's really obvious which direction to take things. Maybe it's something on the nose of the arrow causing slight drag that's helping. Hell, I don't know. It just works.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum