Skip to content

Practice, peeing and yellow jackets.

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Practice, peeing and yellow jackets.

Postby whump » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:17 am

Whump sez: This is not going to be my year. I went out to shoot a few this afternoon right before dark. I dig the practice in low light because that is when I get most of my shots on evening hunts so you get the idea.
I felt the need to make my bladder gladder so I started draining the main vein in a small ditch just before my practice stand. During the act of relief I felt a slight sting on my palm--about like a fire ant bite and that is what I thought it was, then a sting on my leg and I looked down and I was covered in Yellow jackets. I was peeing right down a nest hole. [ Yellow jackets do not take kindly to urine running in their front door.. ]
Lethargic nature be damned--I made tracks beating and whipping with my hat and I could not get away from the buggers.[Whump running with johnson out] They followed me all the way back to the house and inside the basement where bug spray killed 20 and I had about 12 to 14 stings. One on my temple, 3 stomach, 3 or 4 legs 3 or 4 on each arm and hand, and one right next to the johnson.. I returned with bug bombs, gasoline and a new found respect for things that sting.
After about 30 minutes of bug removal, I shot about 20 shots , dumped that first shot in the kill, which always makes me happy.. By the way---clorox will take the sting right out of yellow jacket punctures,just rub it on full strength, I had no meat tenderizer..
Thick blue jeans and cowboy boots saved me at least 30 or more stings as most were concentrated below my knees. I am glad I am not allergic to stings or I would have been in trouble. I am wondering if messing with those tricky bows started that gypsy curse again? Pee safe.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Re: Practice, peeing and yellow jackets.

Postby AROMAKR » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Preparation H works even better than Clorox.
Bob
AROMAKR

Postby bearauto11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Whump,
You're funny!
Tell more stories safe.
--Tom

By the way: When my oldest boy was 2 he got stung in the nutsack. Screamed like crazy. The wife says it is very hard to remove a stinger from that skin.
bearauto11

Postby 4nolz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Nolz sez : Whump you kill me.
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby MOUNTER » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I sez, always be sure of your target.. Wether your shootin... pissin.. or ????
MOUNTER

Postby whump » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Whump Sez; Thanks for the info on the Prep H , that is good to know. back when I did a little spear fishing we used meat tenderizer on jelly fish stings, it works wonders. Spear fishing is like bowhunting under water, only you get towed when you stick a big one. I have seen people let their eyes get bigger than their spear gun and you get to see that person go streaking by holding on for dear life, traveling about 50 mph.. Get a bad hit on a 30- 40lb amber jack and you are going for a ride. Here lately my luck has been too bad to go underwater and mess with stuff that has teeth. We had a couple of bears show up close to where I live so I figured a bear attack was in order . I swear I cussed, pissed off, did something to a gypsy somewhere ,this is turning into a cruelty joke. Hunt Safe.
I have climbed and clawed from the pits of merciless persecution and suffered the tortures of the damned ,only to be thrust head first into what can be best described as organized confusion.
whump

Postby bearauto11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Found the cure. Right here on the internet :D :D :

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 452AA6hVYj

Some of them involve fire and chanting. Might be fun. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
bearauto11

Postby whump » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Whump sez; thanks for the link bearauto11 , that particular curse removal requires pealing an onion, throwing it in a fire[ I can do that] and confessing your sins , out loud and it sez- crying helps. I can't risk that, my wife hears me carrying on about Trixie and how good that was and a bear attack would be welcome. Thanks for trying to help though. Hunt safe.
whump

Postby bearauto11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 am

Well, good luck anyway. :D
bearauto11

Postby Fuzzy Dog » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 am

Can't tell you anything about gypsies but after a yellow jacket attack there's nothing like mixing a quart or so of gasoline with about half that much motor oil, going back to their nest after dark, pouring that concoction into the hole and lighting it. I love the smell of frying yellow jackets in the evening. :mrgreen:
"Now I'm generally a mild mannered, live and let live kind of guy, but any fucking snake that gets between me and my coffee pot is just buckin' to be a hat band." The Topcamp Chronicles.

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
Fuzzy Dog

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum