Skip to content

Broke a string today

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Broke a string today

Postby BEN MAHER » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

bearauto11 wrote:
BEN MAHER wrote:Slightly off topic .... but Deadwoood is the best thing on TV in the past 10 years .

Looks good! I saw it on Netflix. The kids are going away for a week. I may have to try and get some of those and watch them.
Thanks,
--Tom

Yep...probably best wait for the kids to be out of the house if your going to watch it ..... well worth it though !
BEN MAHER

Postby Jord Hawkins » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:56 am

BEN MAHER wrote:Ken ... are you a SF buff ?
What about HBO "Game of Thrones " ... check it but probably read the books first ... way cool nerdy stuff .

Quoted for truth. Great book series and one of the best/truest translation of a book to visual media.......oh...and..err.....YARRR!! Wench fetch me more ale!!
"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men." - The Boondock Saints
Jord Hawkins

Postby onesharpbroadhead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:42 pm

I don't have cable or satelite - I just watch stuff what is on Netflix watch instantly when I watch TV - which is not too often - but I will check it out. I don't know if I am a a fanatic about sci fi - but I enjoy some of it - I really liked Firefly and Serenity - and I guess I liked the newer Star Treks - TNG and Voyager and the new Star Trek movie, but the old stuff - nah - Kirk sucked and that show was just too goofy for me. I am not a fan of Star Wars either - all that stupid "force stuff" was just too much for me.
onesharpbroadhead

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Hey Ken ,
Do yourself a favour and read "Game of Thrones " ,,, like I said way cool an then you can be like th erst of us and wait for HBO to release the series on dvd.
great book ! Bits of archery too ....
I have never seen an episode of Star Trek so my geek factor takes a hit but have read LOTR every year since 1986 so I am remain safely in nerdom ....
BEN MAHER

Postby BEN MAHER » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Back on topic ...
what is your 'training sched ' for upcoming tourneys ?
BEN MAHER

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum