Skip to content

A method for gapping - for those interested (vid)

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

A method for gapping - for those interested (vid)

Postby Ranger B » Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Right after the indoor season I made a video of me setting my bow up for 3D. This is "A" technique. There are other ways and I have began to transform my technique now. I pay more attention to the gap between the tip of my arrow and the point of impact vs. picking a point on the target that is below my point of impact. There is one correction to be made in this video. I mention that you aim high uphill but that is not correct. You still cut yardage like downhill but just not as much. I am in no way saying that instinctive shooting is not a great way to shoot and hunt. I am just offering this as a way for those interested.

Some background. When Masters of the Barebow vol. 3 came out I decided to put Rod's program to the test. I was primarily shooting selfbows I made and having great success hunting but I wanted to see what I could do in archery. I followed the program and since then my shooting has improved quite a bit. I still have work to do but wanted to share with others what has worked for me. I can't overstate the impact Rod's program had on my shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgm-oErUEQM
Ranger B
Ranger B

Re: A method for gapping - for those interested (vid)

Postby bearauto11 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:55 pm

I enjoyed that video. It's bein' pushed over on ArcheryTalk.
Nice job. Thanks.
--Tom
bearauto11

Re: A method for gapping - for those interested (vid)

Postby Captain Quint » Mon May 23, 2011 5:04 am

Great video ranger.
Captain Quint

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum