Skip to content

How Crappy is my Shooting?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: How Crappy is my Shooting?

Postby Salty Gnome » Sat May 14, 2011 8:37 am

Back tension...you overdraw then creep in to your anchor...keep pulling them shoulders back and maximize.
Salty Gnome

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sat May 14, 2011 9:49 am

bearauto11 wrote:You know. I just made that bow and I think it keeps getting louder and more vibration. I checked the tiller today and it is about 1/2" positive. I don't know if it's something I screwed up when I finished the bow and I just didn't notice. Or if it's something that is getting worse.

Pay attention to that. Get a good, accurate measure of the tiller & especially draw weight (choose a brace height & measure/weigh it at that height). Watch it closely. If it keeps getting worse, that's a strong sign the bow is coming apart.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby MOUNTER » Sat May 14, 2011 11:54 am

BK wrote:Pay attention to that. Get a good, accurate measure of the tiller & especially draw weight (choose a brace height & measure/weigh it at that height). Watch it closely. If it keeps getting worse, that's a strong sign the bow is coming apart.

Yep BK, I had one at 1/8 positive tiller, finished it up and put back together it was 1/4 neg. I was like WTF. After about 20 minutes it was back at 1/8 pos. Cool right?? Naw it ended up delaming after about 500 shots. Did win a 3/d and killed a hog with it before she went.... Still need to build some new limbs for that one, it's my favorite riser..............
MOUNTER

Postby bearauto11 » Sat May 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not sure if it changed or not. I was messing with the tiller a bunch while I was semi-laid-up with the knee surgery and was working on it sporadically. Now I'm not sure if I had actually measured the tiller that last time or not.
I will definitely watch it though.
Thanks again,
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby Hornseeker » Mon May 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Holding at draw is going to be your biggest asset... without insanely innate hand eye coordination... the swing draw/snap shot is NEVER going to get you to your full potential. I shoot with several guys that I PLEAD with to hold there bow at full draw for a count to 2 or 3...to let that sight picture develop... GOTTA let that sight picture develop...IMO

I had a bow go from 1/8 pos to about 1/16 neg in a hunnert or so shots. Pissed me off. I retillered and finished it, and it has held there now for quite a few arrows. Not sure if I mis-measured the first time or what??? Not sure what the hell could have caused it!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby bearauto11 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks again for the info guys. I think I got the bow fairly well fixed.
I hope I'm not annoying any of you or you think I'm just posting a look-at-me video. I truly value y'alls opinion.
So... Do you think there is improvement?

Thanks again,
--Tom
bearauto11

Postby Bender » Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Yes, definitely improved. But get an armguard! The string is hitting the sleeve on that jacket. Armguards are good things. Even if you don't normally need the protection from smacking your arm, they do keep your clothes tight to arm when wearing long sleeves.
Bender

Postby bearauto11 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks. I have an armguard. I'm just too lazy to put it on. I'll start.
Thanks again,
--Tom
bearauto11

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum