Skip to content

nock, nock whos there ?

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

nock, nock whos there ?

Postby Ron+dog » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:16 am

i was shooting with a guy last weekend that used big old fat arrows with pin nocks ive never seen them before are there advantages over regular nocks ? do they make them for smaller diameter arrows or just big boys ?
Mr. Bear,
you are the best there is or ever will be. Long after your death you continue to influence people and your chosen sport, Your love for archery is still felt all over the world. REST IN PEACE 1902-1988
Ron+dog

Re: nock, nock whos there ?

Postby marc » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I think most target guys like them. Seem to protect the back of the shaft from robin hoods. You can get them for just about any shaft, just look through the Lancaster catalog.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby 4nolz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm

I need robinhood protection.. :roll:
there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby 4nolz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm

there are 2 dates on your marker.Your life is the dash in between.
4nolz

Postby Bender » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:23 pm

The idea is that they are easy to replace, say like a G nock, but the adapter is solid, filling the end of the shaft to help prevent Robin Hoods and shaft destruction. With $300 arrows, I might use them too. Its not so much whether or not you can shoot Robin Hoods, one after another, its for protection from the other clowns in your group when you're out on the range. We make it a point to aim for our buddies' arrow nocks when they make a particularly good shot. And if nobody manages to telescope that arrow in the center of the spot, then I've got to run up to the target and pull that arrow and throw it down the ravine or into the poison oak.
Bender

Postby Ron+dog » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:42 pm

robin hood protection HELL
id like to get one thanks guys
Mr. Bear,
you are the best there is or ever will be. Long after your death you continue to influence people and your chosen sport, Your love for archery is still felt all over the world. REST IN PEACE 1902-1988
Ron+dog

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum