Skip to content

Firefly tuning

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

Re: Firefly tuning

Postby cst » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Sweet. That is a great little handle. One day, when I am rich like Mike I am gonna buy some of those bakelight limbs and stick em on that and the Sheep. I bet that would be awesome. It is amazing how the right arrow make/point weight can change the way a bow shoots for you. I put some Carbon Vapor 2k's with 100grn brass and 175grn points (arrows are 28.5") on the fly with either some 50# Hoyt shorts or some 45# TradTech longbow limbs both set to pull right around 50# and it is a whole different bow than when I use my Black Max's with 200 up front.
cst

Postby PAarcher » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:28 am

Want to hear something odd? I had a few minutes to shoot yesterday so I decided to bareshaft the arrows. EXTREMELY weak! They didn't start coming back in line until I dropped the point weight to 100gr!
I would have though that with all the longer range stuff we were shooting I would have noticed them flying poorly. Thing is they weren't! They are really cruising with the 100gr points.
PAarcher

Postby rwsbow » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:47 am

How were the fletched arrows flying with the 100 grain tips, Mike?
How were the bareshafts flying?

Just curious...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby PAarcher » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:14 am

The bare shafts were still flying a little weak but not bad. The fletched shafts (3 fletch 4", right helical with a onestringer wrap) seemed to fly wonderfully.

I'm actually a little disappointed. With the 140gr heads they were in my comfort zone for where they were hitting. Now they are hitting considerably higher. They are quick though! I was going to screw on some razor sharp Wentzel Woodsmans and try to perforate something with it tomorrow afternoon.
PAarcher

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum