Skip to content

X7 Cobalts, man do they fly good

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

X7 Cobalts, man do they fly good

Postby Flinttim » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:02 am

Back last year I got in trade some x 7 Cobalts (Easton). All new, one dozen each of 2014 and 2114. I later fletched them up with 5 " left hand shields as I do most all my arrows. Shooting them out of my two Samick recurves (45 and 50 #) and my 45 # Bamboo Viper, these things are amazing. Are the tolerances of them just that much better ? They have the swedged nock end for uninocks. Does Easton still make them ? I found some (I think ) in Lancasters catalog. Pricey compared to most aluminum but in the park Vs carbon. But by the pic in the catalog I do not think they have the swedged nock end. Anybody else have experience with them ?

Re: X7 Cobalts, man do they fly good

Postby Feral Donkey » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 am

I shoot Easton aluminums. I just can't get the carbons to shoot as well. When you get the aluminums tuned, they're really damn tuned. Where I find carbons of the same price range have a lot of the characteristics of wood arrows that we don't like.

I've done my best shooting with X7s and XX78s.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby rwsbow » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 pm

The most accurately made aluminum shaft EVER made...they ARE that good...just kinda pricey (at least for us expendable-income-challenged people)...they are just kinda pricey when you mess one up out stumpin'..

Check with the guys at Lancaster for available sizes and nock types..most of them all use the Uni-nock system...
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

Postby Kitfox » Mon May 23, 2011 2:12 pm

I have a the cobalt x7s. They are very stable shooters. I have used the 2114s for about a year in my 50# grizzly now in my 50# titan and have 7 out of the dozen left.I used then for 3d shoots for their accuracy. Now I use the xx75 500s. These are less tolerant when it comes to tuning and accuracy and in my experience less forgiving when it comes to release.

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum