Skip to content

archery

A place to discuss shooting styles, form, aiming systems, experiences, etc...

archery

Postby hukhuk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 am

Could you go to an archery range without having to take classes? My dad wants to go hunting for a Christmas gift. I really dont want to see animals get killed or anything so I was thinking we could go to an archery range. He has no clue how to do archery but I do kind of because I took a class last year in school. Im wondering if you could go to the archery range and like try it but not have to take classes so you would only have to go for that day, because theres always the chance he wont like it. Any Help Please ?
Last edited by hukhuk on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hukhuk

Re: archery

Postby Jim Casto Jr » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 am

He might hurt someone or himself without some basic knowledge, so make sure he gets some instruction.

Doesn't matter how you "feel" about hunting--he's already decided he wants to hunt, and he has seniority.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008
Jim Casto Jr

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am

Jim Casto Jr wrote:Doesn't matter how you "feel" about hunting--he's already decided he wants to hunt, and he has seniority.

X2

Yes, you really should go to the range before hunting. Assuming you learned enough in your archery class you should know enough to teach him proper safety and the basics of shooting. Once he gets comfortable enough shooting targets he can decide when to start hunting.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby trapperDave » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

ive never seen a range where instruction was a must. usually you pay by the hour for as long or as little as you want. Definitely NO HUNTING till he is proficient enough to hit his desired target...Live critters aint the place to learn
It's not funny until someone gets hurt.......then it's hilarious
trapperDave

Postby Bowmania » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

As long as he has an arm guard, there's NO chance he won't like it.

Bowmania
Bowmania

Return to Board index

Return to Shooter's forum